Page 837 of 1715 FirstFirst ... 3377377878278358368378388398478879371337 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,370 of 17147

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    A scan of a negative that wasn't exposed very well:

by Jeffery D Ross, on Flickr

Alvord Playa, Oregon

Chamonix 45N-2
    Tri-X
    Beautiful!!

And Randy, I think he means it won't print well but was able to scan it and correct digitally, but will be a pain to print...

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Beautiful!!

And Randy, I think he means it won't print well but was able to scan it and correct digitally, but will be a pain to print...
    Thanks! And your exactly right.

Ross, I am not picking on your beautiful image, but this is an example of never really knowing what the actual film and print looked like before it is put through the digital wringer and shown on screen.

I find it all very confusing.

However, I am a minority opinion and please ignore my distress. Yes, I have seen before and after many times on screen, and I prefer before...

It is a wonderful image!

Thanks! And your exactly right.

Kevin Kolosky

Quote Originally Posted by Sheld View Post
    Where can I buy large format prints or poster-prints? I know how to buy Ansel Adams prints; I bought Moonrise over Hernandez. But how would I search for large format prints by others? For example, could I find large format prints by Brett Weston? What would the price range be?
    - Sheldon
    fleabay

dperez #8357. Good work under sub-optimal sky conditions. Sad to say, the first reaction I had to the foreground was ...Jabba the Hut. I would try to lighten the foreground a tad. The film reminds me of old mostly-blue-sensitive photos - is x ray film effectively orthochromatic? I like the #8358 photo even better, with its wider range of tonalities. I rather like the Foot of Man in the lower left corner - subtle, but reminds the viewer that the subject is huge and the viewer is small.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    I entirely agree with Randy.....................what is there not to appreciate with this...........?

strikes me as a very very bright day and captured really well

andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Plume View Post
    I entirely agree with Randy.....................what is there not to appreciate with this...........?

strikes me as a very very bright day and captured really well

andrew
    Thanks Randy and Andrew. In order to get some detail in the cabin in the trees I ended up really overexposing the sky. Had I known at the time about N-2 development I might of planned for that. I can't really print the negative in the darkroom. I was able to scan the negative and "fix" it somewhat in Lightroom. Incidentally, after this shot i walked out to the edge of the Playa and took a better exposed shot looking back in the other direction. I was able to print this negative in the darkroom:

[IMG] Homestead and Spring, Alvord Playa, OR by Jeffery D Ross, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks Randy and Andrew. In order to get some detail in the cabin in the trees I ended up really overexposing the sky. Had I known at the time about N-2 development I might of planned for that. I can't really print the negative in the darkroom. I was able to scan the negative and "fix" it somewhat in Lightroom. Incidentally, after this shot i walked out to the edge of the Playa and took a better exposed shot looking back in the other direction. I was able to print this negative in the darkroom:

To my untrained eyes this indeed look like a nicer shot.
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

That second one nails it. The first one has an overprocessed "glow" like you used an unsharp mask filter with a large radius.

Great clouds