Thread: Louis Cantillo, anyone?

Louis Cantillo, anyone?

We were on our annual Christmas trek to San Francisco to see the decorations and to celebrate Suzelle's birthday. The "Birthday Girl" wanted to go to an H&M so we found one at Westfield Mall (what used to be the very very classy Emporium department store is now a kind of sleazy multi-level indoor mall on Market St.) While my bride and daughter shopped I took my son to the nieghboring game store, which also had a puzzle department. While my son looked over "Mayberry Monopoly" and hundreds of other games I found, much to my surprise two puzzles made from photographs by Louis Cantillo, the picture on the box showed the fellow shooting a---you guessed it---large format camera! It looked to be either a 4x5 or 5x7. The subject was intimate views of quaint cafes. The puzzles were published by the Great American Puzzle Factory as part of a "fine art photography" edition.

Anyway I thought it was kind of cool that someone was using a large format camera for making puzzles. While the puzzle picture was no doubt digitalized for publication they looked to be very well done and Mr. Cantillo's work struck me a being very nice.

I was wondering if anyone here knows of him or has heard of the Great American Puzzle Factory?

Incidentally we found a very fine restraunt, Fino, located in the Hotel Andrew at 624 Post Street. Reasonably priced by San Francisco standards and very kid friendly with great food & wine

So, is anyone here familiar with the work of Louis Cantillo?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White