Page 614 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 11451456460461261361461561662466471411141614 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 17234

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Thanks!
    That one is definitely going to be printed I'm sure.

Sometimes you just have to wonder how things got into a certain arrangement when doing this kind of photography.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by mdm View Post

My young worker, Hayden, made this for me from the door of the tractor while we drove along the road. Pretty proud of him. Makes a fantastic A4 print in eboni 6 on Arches.
    Panasonic LX5, Silver efex pro
    Pretty sure that's the first image I've seen here taken from the door of a tractor. Looks like somebody taught Hayden the rule of 3rds.

Sony's RX100 seems to get most of the press in that class of cameras, but the LX5 and LX7 produce some amazing images.
    SINAR F+ 4x5 wearing a Fujinon 150/5.6 W

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    I really like this one, Bryan. The odd angle of the green door and the light splashed across it really makes it.

Jonathan
    Likewise.

I think you've got an interesting subject you can really work, there, Bryan. The whole mill, I mean.

Thanks, and indeed, it is a very interesting and culturally significant subject. I'm enjoying every minute of working in there.
    If you haven't already, feel free to check out a variety of images I've shot there in the last year on my blog:
    http://valdostafilm.blogspot.com/sea...20-%20Remerton

Many more images than that have been shot and some posted here, but lately I've been more hesitant about posting to my blog, not wanting to spoil the opening next year.

Always appreciate the feedback guys.

Yeah, fascinating place, and a lot of great images, Bryan. Looks like you guys could easily shoot in there for a year without exhausting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    If you haven't already, feel free to check out a variety of images I've shot there in the last year on my blog:
    http://valdostafilm.blogspot.com/sea...20-%20Remerton

Many more images than that have been shot and some posted here, but lately I've been more hesitant about posting to my blog, not wanting to spoil the opening next year.

Always appreciate the feedback guys.
    I enjoyed reading up on your project. Abandonment and decay is well seen. Are you also documenting informational room-by-room kind of thing of what the building(s) actually had without regard to the aesthetic or dramatic quality of the photograph?

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    A few more.

My kingdom for just a bit of tilt on a macro lens. Plus, I should have reset the hands.

Rick "note to self: never photograph a watch that isn't completely run down" Denney
    Nice appealing macro work. It catches my attention. Ah, the classic display time of 10:10

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I enjoyed reading up on your project. Abandonment and decay is well seen. Are you also documenting informational room-by-room kind of thing of what the building(s) actually had without regard to the aesthetic or dramatic quality of the photograph?
    Yes we are, but my friend and partner in this project is more involved with that than I.

In fact the demolition of the place is a slow and tedious process because they are salvaging everything. The bricks used in much of the building are hand-made masonry dating to the late 17th century, and there is currently about 20 palettes of them packed and ready to ship to a salvage company which will resell them (that kind of thing is in vogue right now I guess). They are also stripping the hardwood floors and salvaging massive crossbeams that are something like 4-foot square beams made out of a single tree trunk.
    Last edited by Corran; 1-Jun-2013 at 05:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    In fact the demolition of the place is a slow and tedious process because they are salvaging everything.
    As sad as it is to see an old structure like this go, it's nice to know that the materials will be reused. It's the architectural equivalent of an organ donor.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Nice appealing macro work. It catches my attention. Ah, the classic display time of 10:10
    Thanks--appreciated.

I don't always position the hand at 10:08, and even when I do, the damn things just keep moving. That's why I should let them run down first. But most are automatics, and even run down, any movement will get them going again. I was squeezing these sessions into spare half hours, and my shortcuts show.

I'm working my way up to attempting some 4x5 work, just to see what's possible. But I'll need a whole day for that.

Rick "and more space" Denney