Page 566 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 6646651655656456556656756857661666610661566 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 17218

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPhotoCo View Post
    Fantastic! Very painterly. Can we ask for details?
    100% agree on both comments.

I guess it's true what they say about those Hasselblads doing the tonality thing extremely well, huh?
    SINAR F+ 4x5 wearing a Fujinon 150/5.6 W

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I use to have the 67 generation of that lens. It was nice. I traded it in for the 165mm LS which I needed more at the time. There are many generations of the Pentax 6x7 lenses. Some have only changed cosmetically from one generation to the next while others also changed their optical design. If you haven't visited this Pentax 6x7 Lens Guide before it is worth checking out. It also rates the lenses relative to other Pentax 6x7 lenses.

Here is one with using the SMC M* 300mm ED IF with the new Portra 400 film under a full moon night.

Gorgeous, tuco. How long was that exposure?

I get a 404 error from that 67 lens guide page. Has it been a while since you hit it, or is it just having transient difficulties, maybe?

WOW, nice exposure.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by barnninny View Post
    Gorgeous, tuco. How long was that exposure?
    Thanks. It was my first time with the new Portra 400 and I wasn't sure about its reciprocity characteristics. I used my one-degree spotmeter and metered off the space needle and placed the white 3 stops above the middle gray exposure which measured EV 2 and that probably wasn't accurate because it didn't fill the whole one-degree circle. I went with it anyway and shot 30 sec, 1 min, 2min and 4 min at f11. The film has some good latitude. All looked pretty good except the 4min was over cooked. I scanned the 1 min exposure. Here is a 100% crop scanned at 2000 dpi ( I should have done 4000 in retrospect). And that flag is supported is why its not too blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by barnninny View Post
    I get a 404 error from that 67 lens guide page. Has it been a while since you hit it, or is it just having transient difficulties, maybe?
    Maybe I created a bad link. Here it is raw:

http://antiquecameras.net/pentax6x7lenses.html

Sometimes the things you don't plan are better than the ones you do. Yes, it's out of focus, overexposed, off-center and perfect.

Pentax 67 + 105 f2.4

Rachel on the Oregon Coast by ScottPhoto.co, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cjbroadbent View Post
    Thanks Scott!
    Hasselblad H2 with the chimney viewfinder (so no verticals), an 80mm and the old 39 digital back. Just one umbrella with a movie light. Two pieces of a cardboard box to feather the light. Two staples to hold the twists. Two exposures blended to hold the whites. Too much black cut-off (stiking but unprintable). I shall never manage the same mood on 8x10.
    Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to seeing how the 8x10 compares.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Thanks. It was my first time with the new Portra 400 and I wasn't sure about its reciprocity characteristics. I used my one-degree spotmeter and metered off the space needle and placed the white 3 stops above the middle gray exposure which measured EV 2 and that probably wasn't accurate because it didn't fill the whole one-degree circle. I went with it anyway and shot 30 sec, 1 min, 2min and 4 min at f11. The film has some good latitude. All looked pretty good except the 4min was over cooked. I scanned the 1 min exposure. Here is a 100% crop scanned at 2000 dpi ( I should have done 4000 in retrospect). And that flag is supported is why its not too blurry.

Maybe I created a bad link. Here it is raw:

http://antiquecameras.net/pentax6x7lenses.html
    That's the medicine. Thanks. And for the exposure info, too.

In 2001 my wife found a beautiful condition Kodak Retina IIIc at a local camera shop. She wanted to buy it as a camera for her to use, separate from my stuff. I thought that was great, so we bought it and I immediately put a roll of HP5+ in it for her.

Well....she never shot a single image with it. Over the years I would take it out and shoot a few frames, but it always felt like "her" camera, so I didn't do this very often. Yesterday I shot the last picture on the roll and developed it. (Man, am I rusty with 35mm. I had a hell of a time loading the reel. Sheet film is so much easier.) Below are a few shots from the past 12 years.

Jonathan

Ha, that's funny, I've done the same thing with Meagan. A little Yashica Electro is "hers," but she rarely uses it.

The shot of you in the reflection is classic Jonathan.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome