Page 558 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 5845850854855655755855956056860865810581558 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 17237

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mounier View Post
    The

150 dpi that you're saving your images at for hi res monitors is irrelevant. The pixels per inch designation doesn't matter for monitors. All that matters is the total pixel count. You can't tell your monitor how many pixels to display per inch, that is already determined by the manufacturer. The monitor will look at your image and display the image with however many pixels for every inch of screen space that are available.
    For online posting you may just have to save a file specifically for web posts at a reduced size, web color space, and an amount of compression that makes online viewing and posting appropriate.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by metalsmith View Post
    Cool, it has warp drive.......
    What film did you use? Looks really nice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter Stream.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	93115
    Okay, let's see if this works. Just been reading a thread on how to post images. So either, a
    a) You're looking at a frozen stream in the Scottish Highlands, shot on a C330s with PanF, or
    b) You're looking at an empty space and I need to read the instructions again.
    Here we go . . .

Very nice image. Now we both have to learn how to make the image bigger within the post, and not require clicking to enlarge.

Some very helpful people have publicly advised me here, but I still don't get it.

Colin, now we are 2, let's find the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Robertson View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter Stream.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	93115
    Okay, let's see if this works. Just been reading a thread on how to post images. So either, a
    a) You're looking at a frozen stream in the Scottish Highlands, shot on a C330s with PanF, or
    b) You're looking at an empty space and I need to read the instructions again.
    Here we go . . .
    Tin Can

Push "quote" and look at what I did here:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I am looking at the http does;t help this idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Push "quote" and look at what I did here:

Last edited by Tin Can; 11-Apr-2013 at 14:24. Reason: add idiot
    Tin Can

Peter

Randy
    Looks like you have a web host for your website and aren't posting your images from Flickr. So upload the image you want to post to your server and copy the name of the file. Then use the BB code to post the image here. Do it like this ... (remove the space after the brackets)
    [img] http://www.randymoe.com/name of image here.jpg[/img]

Thanks Bryan. Me 'n Randy still got some head scratching to do.
    Last edited by Colin Robertson; 11-Apr-2013 at 14:45. Reason: Lost the plot

Colin, there is even more we don't know.

I am pretty sure when we post a picture here, by linking to an outside URL, we are dooming this site to obscurity. As I surf the mighty LFF, I find lots of little cracked icon gizmos that represent photos unable to load. Well, I think those are all from closed websites, of which there are legion. Our predecessors linked to their stored images, which are now lost to the vapor.

Sure many images here are just vanity, but many are also tied to valuable information. When I post my X-RAY mistakes, I am creating a hopeful permanent record that others could learn from. If we post images of camera, lens and gizmos that no longer exist, we hope to have that image as future reference, again for others that will surely follow this trail for as long as civilization exists. The web is the new Alexandria Library. Let's not fill it with empty images.

Now, if, you are conducting much vaunted due diligence and look first for answer and then and only then may we raise our hand, we have already seen a lot of nothing.

I may be wrong and I am sure someone will tell me how wrong I am. Good, I would love better than to be wrong.

I also know this site has finite resources, I think I saw it has a 2 GB capacity. I don't want to wear out those electrons. The heavy ones are complaining.
    Tin Can

Randy, not sure how you're uploading images to your web site, but after they are there, you can right click on them and from the menu, click on "copy image location". I just did that at your front page and copied the location of one of your images.

http:// www.randymoe.com/_Media/nort...b_size_med.jpe g

I purposely put the space in .jpeg to break that link for now. Now then if I type [IMG] your picture location here [/IMG] the web site here will pull up your picture from your web pages. So here goes;

Hope that helps. Don't put any spaces etc. in. just [IMG]blahblahblahwhateveryourimagelocationis[/IMG] and see what you get. Now if the picture was bigger at your pages, it would come up bigger here. That one is 430X343 pixels. About 720 pixels wide is a good number. How do you downsize your pictures for the web?