Page 201 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 1011511911992002012022032112513017011201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 17219

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Thanks.

Medium Yellow filter plus a tad bit of burning. I do not have an orange filter in 77mm or 82mm but that was I would have used otherwise.
    Grain, reciprocity and price are a good argument to use this film. I use FP4 in 4x5 and I am going to try Delta 100, once I choose one over the other in 4x5, then I might consider testing these in 120 to use only one slow film in both format. But then again grain, reciprocity and price

Cheers,

Luc
    Thanks for the info. Looks right for yellow. I've read that Acros has less red sensitivity than most modern films giving it the sort of old fashioned almost "semi-ortho" look. But that would tend to lighten blue sky relative to the rest of the scene.

I ask in part because I currently shoot 120 in a Yashicamat 124 for which I don't have any bayonet filters. I use a cheap clip on filter holder with barn doors that double as a hood and 3x3 filters mounted in frames on 4x5, which works well enough and is cheap and easier than keeping track of a bunch of thread adapters (of weird sizes for two of my three LF lenses.) I could use that on the Yashica but it would be cumbersome at best unless shooting it like LF, off a tripod and deliberately.

I should invest in a few bayonet 1 filters if I can find them, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Thanks for the info. Looks right for yellow. I've read that Acros has less red sensitivity than most modern films giving it the sort of old fashioned almost "semi-ortho" look. But that would tend to lighten blue sky relative to the rest of the scene.

I ask in part because I currently shoot 120 in a Yashicamat 124 for which I don't have any bayonet filters. I use a cheap clip on filter holder with barn doors that double as a hood and 3x3 filters mounted in frames on 4x5, which works well enough and is cheap and easier than keeping track of a bunch of thread adapters (of weird sizes for two of my three LF lenses.) I could use that on the Yashica but it would be cumbersome at best unless shooting it like LF, off a tripod and deliberately.

I should invest in a few bayonet 1 filters if I can find them, I think.
    Yes it is very easy to get washed-out blank skies with Across. Pyrocat helps control the sky somewhat. I would get these filters. I have a couple for my Autocord and they are fairly easy to use and so is a dedicated Bay 1 hood.

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Yes it is very easy to get washed-out blank skies with Across. Pyrocat helps control the sky somewhat. I would get these filters. I have a couple for my Autocord and they are fairly easy to use and so is a dedicated Bay 1 hood.

Cheers,

Luc
    I have the hood. Just looked on eBay for the filters and didn't turn up a great selection but will keep looking. Need them anyway, at least something like a #8 or #12 which can be pretty much left on for most B&W.

Roger- this place has bay filters for Rollei and Yashica. http://www.camera-depot.com/TLR.htm

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sommer View Post
    Roger- this place has bay filters for Rollei and Yashica. http://www.camera-depot.com/TLR.htm

Gary
    Thanks, already had it bookmarked. But they're just generic "yellow," "red" and "orange" - not sure what the filter factor or equivalent wratten # might be. Then again, the price is right. Another alternative would be to just get a bay 1 to 49mm adapter ring and use 49mm filters, which also fit my f/1.7 50mm Pentax. I think going another step with a 49mm-67mm to use the same filters across everything from my Pentax mount Vivitar 28-105 down might be too big, and intrude on the viewing lens, but a quick holding of the filters up to the lens should tell me that. I'll check in to it.

I went with the bay 1 to 49mm adapter, and use standard 49mm filters and an old Vivitar metal lens hood.

Gary

retrogrouchy

Click through for flickr page and description - it's a digital stitch of 6x7 Acros frames, equivalent to about 7x22cm of film. Shot in an RZ67 with 65/4 M-LA in Terelj NP, Mongolia.

Really nice shot.

I never had much success with Acros myself but it was obviously me - some really great shots here.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

In the Corn, North Plains, Oregon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austingranger/

Experimentation with long exposures on Ektar 100; this one was about 6 minutes, I believe.

Seems like the Ektar reciprocity times listed elsewhere are rather accurate.

Fotoman 6x17
    Fuji 300 T
    ND400