Page 1330 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 33083012301280132013281329133013311332134013801430 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,300 of 17219

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Paul that one really awesome.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

This is a test of Ilford HP5+ processed in PMK Pyro. Camera used was my Minolta Autocord, which I prefer over most of my other 6X6 cameras for its exquisite rendering of fine detail.
    These negs are very interesting: rich and broad in their retention of dark shadows and highlights, even though some were quite a bit overexposed. (I was told to overexpose negs for PMK processing, up to two stops over: I bracketed)
    Wonderful image, Paul!
    Never heard about the overexposure for pyro - or is it just the PMK treatment? Which of the bracketed images this is? +2?
    Website of sorts, as well as flickr thing.

Mil Park by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Looks nice Randy!

Thanks!
    Tin Can

Well done, Randy!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Well done, Randy!
    Thank you
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Paul that one really awesome.
    Thank you very much Steve, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Beautiful tonality, interesting handling of the printing for composition. I remember my Autocord, picked up for about $20 from somewhere. I did well by it. You do much better.
    Thank you :-)
    I wish my Autocord cost that little (It was about $250 five years ago), but I am still very pleased with that investment, as the camera was in great shape and needed no CLA of any sort: I suspect it had been fully serviced not long before I bought it. Its one of my favorite cameras in terms of image performance. Its not as nicely engineered as, say, the Rolleiflex, but I prefer the output over the Rolleiflex. I ended up selling my Rolleiflex last spring to pay for a 100mm Kodak Wide Field Ektar for the Deardorff: no regrets!

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Wonderful image, Paul!
    Never heard about the overexposure for pyro - or is it just the PMK treatment? Which of the bracketed images this is? +2?
    Curiously, I found that when exposing Bergger Pancro400 in 8x10 format, I need to expose it at about 100 ASA, but with this roll of HP5+, it seems the +2 exposures are excessive and unnecessary. I would say that with HP5+ at least, there's no need to overexpose more than one stop, which is in fact my normal approach to this film.

Quote Originally Posted by andreios View Post
    Wonderful image, Paul!
    I will need to find the source of that recommendation again before I can tell you much. I have the Photographers Formulary version of PMK and its possible I read that in their instructions.
    This is the +1 frame, I believe.

Along the same lines as the previous image, I tested a "new" film yesterday for my riverbank roots series: Svema MZ3, a 3ASA 35mmfilm. Yes - 3 ASA - you read that right. I shot this roll in my Kodak Retina IIIc (Schneider Retina-Xenon version), bracketing from 15 seconds to 6 minutes at f16, since I had ZERO information about its reciprocity characteristics (It seems to have very good reciprocity traits, as my longer exposures - calculated based on Ilford's Pan-F - were very overexposed). Its a curious film: it appears very contrasty on inspection, but in fact holds plenty of subtle detail and tone. I guessed at the development time for BER49 (Atomal49), since there was scant info about developers other than HC-110 (I don't have that), and processed it for 7.5 minutes. In the future, I would cut that back to about 6 minutes in the same developer.

Great photo Paul!
    I have only used tmy2 and fp4+ with PMK and gave it 1 extra stop. It gives a little more shadow detail and since the midtones are so broad and highlights so smooth, it still works nice.
    Sometimes for LF PMK gave me uneven skies, so I mostly use pyrocat hdc/hd now. But it's a nice developer for MF.