Page 1056 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 5655695610061046105410551056105710581066110611561556 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,560 of 17233

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Over the summer I found a really beautiful example of the Zeiss 21mm f/4.5 Biogon lens for the Contax rangefinder. Somehow I haven't really used it hardly at all, mostly because it sadly doesn't work on my Leica cameras as I thought it would with an Amedeo adapter. Anyway, I took a nice walk at one of my typical places in the brisk winter weather (finally) and shot a roll of T-Max 100 with my Contax III. This lens is phenomenal - really high contrast despite being an early uncoated version (or maybe single-coated?). Here's two shots:

I like this last one and need to go back and shoot a similar composition on 4x5, or maybe 8x10...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Chris, I enjoy seeing photos from that industry and part of the coast! The boat owner is a bit risky to be not using jack stands to keep the boat upright.

Bryan; keep shooting; those are good.

On my out the door Friday morning, I looked up and was awestruck at the patterns in the cloud cover. As is typical, my infrared DSLR was ready, so I shot photos for a couple minutes before heading to work.

_DSC2818 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

_DSC2820 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

_DSC2816 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    On my out the door Friday morning, I looked up and was awestruck at the patterns in the cloud cover. As is typical, my infrared DSLR was ready, so I shot photos for a couple minutes before heading to work.
    Hi Jason,
    Those cloud images are remarkable ! At first glance, I thought they were images of water (looking down from a cliff) splashing against the shore. The antennas in #2 give it away.
    The patterns are absolutely fantastic. Nice capture !

Dennis
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

I also thought it was water at first!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I have joined the meterless club for 35mm, having decided that I shoot MF and LF quite happily without a meter in the camera, so why not simplify things for 35mm? (I also have to dispose of lots of gear so that it won't be a problem for my wife when the leukemia comes back.) So I have done a deal with my enabler, the wonderful Jean at Camtec in Montreal, to reduce all my Leica gear to a 1963 M2 and silver 35 Lux, 50 Lux and 90 Summarit. The M2 arrived today, so I put a roll of Tri-X through it:

Stump by chrism229, on Flickr

136 by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Perhaps as the sign suggests, you have "been born again. "

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Those cloud images are remarkable ! At first glance, I thought they were images of water (looking down from a cliff) splashing against the shore. The antennas in #2 give it away.
    The patterns are absolutely fantastic. Nice capture !

Dennis
    thank you!

I think I know how your wife might feel. Mine is always saying, "I don't know how I'd cope if anything happened to you"... Not only do I have cameras and a darkroom that she understands nothing of, but also a shed with metal lathe and woodworking gear that I'm always tinkering with in the cause of photography.

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun working meterless. I do with pinhole, which is more forgiving with longer exposures, but when it all comes together it gives a little extra thrill. And then there's also developers like Diafine or divided Pyrocat which work wonders with negs that are are a little off in exposure. I think the rule is that if in doubt add a little more and let the developer cope.

Chris, I hope your remission breaks all records and you have yet many years to enjoy your art.

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    I have joined the meterless club for 35mm, having decided that I shoot MF and LF quite happily without a meter in the camera, so why not simplify things for 35mm? (I also have to dispose of lots of gear so that it won't be a problem for my wife when the leukemia comes back.) So I have done a deal with my enabler, the wonderful Jean at Camtec in Montreal, to reduce all my Leica gear to a 1963 M2 and silver 35 Lux, 50 Lux and 90 Summarit. The M2 arrived today, so I put a roll of Tri-X through it:

Stump by chrism229, on Flickr

136 by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

"Meterless"...I am confused. Just not a built-in meter in the camera, or not even using a hand-held meter, just relying on experience for setting exposure? Can someone elaborate?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

A lot of us love Sunny 16 and used it since before modern meters. My first Pentax had no meter and I used it for 40 years, now I use a meter and mess up all the time with LF!
    Tin Can