Page 1051 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 5155195110011041104910501051105210531061110111511551 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,510 of 17237

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Was experimenting yesterday -
    My wife's piano caught my eye -
    Wanted to see how well the reflection of the keys against the backboard would turn out.

The lighting was rather dim with a standing incandescent fixture off to the left and some end of day natural light from across the room. 6 sec.@ f8, digital camera.

I know just enough to be dangerous !

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    Thanks, Ari.
    Nothing wrong with LR /PS. You achieved an interesting mood and lovely quality in the image.

Scott,
    That's a great image in your post 10497. The lack of scale makes it even more abstract and interesting.
    Looks like it could also be something out of an electron microscope !
    Hi Dennis,
    I didn't mean to apologize about digital, just that you may have inferred in your previous post that it was a wet print.

Also, I'd love to see your piano image, but the file stops loading about 1/5 of the way through; maybe it's too large a file, or something's wrong with my internet service.

Hi Ari,
    The image is same size as others I've posted. Sorry for the problem.
    It's hosted on another server, not this forum's. Perhaps that's the issue.
    If the problem continues, I'll resize it tonight.

Was experimenting yesterday -
    My wife's piano caught my eye -
    Wanted to see how well the reflection of the keys against the backboard would turn out.
    Oddly enough, I have just been photographing a keyboard with an eye to the reflection of the keys on the backboard. An old harmonium (pump organ), in my case. Your image is very elegant, and I'm jealous about the piano.

Thank you for the kind comment.

I hope you will post your harmonium image. I'm sure it has an interesting keyboard.

You may be glad to know the piano is played daily. In fact, I enjoy awakening to Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann and others - courtesy of my wife who us a lifelong musician and starts her day by playing at the crack of dawn !

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Also, I'd love to see your piano image, but the file stops loading about 1/5 of the way through; maybe it's too large a file, or something's wrong with my internet service.
    Ari, Dennis's piano image comes up fine on my iPad and I'm on a bouncing back and forth between Verizon 1X and extended 1x signal. Which is pretty poor as far as signals goes, so I'd be surprised if the file size was the problem. Hopefully the problem will resolve its self.

Dennis, nice image btw, man those Steinways sure are beautiful. Was at the Musical Instrument Museum a while back and they had a nice Steinway exhibit and a very interesting video about the company.

Roger

More desert plants

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Schroeder View Post
    I have a lot of affection for desert plants.
    Me too; their adaptation to such harsh environments is remarkable. Here's one from a truly tiny format camera, Panasonic ZS40 with a 1/2.3" sensor. My wife wanted a compact superzoom with some kind of viewfinder and this one fit the bill. She lets me use it sometimes.

Life on Mars by Jeff, on Flickr

I hope you will post your harmonium image. I'm sure it has an interesting keyboard.

You may be glad to know the piano is played daily. In fact, I enjoy awakening to Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann and others - courtesy of my wife who us a lifelong musician and starts her day by playing at the crack of dawn !
    I am indeed glad to hear it! That's the kind of dedication it takes to play well. I'll never play particularly well but even so I do enjoy the process. There's nothing for appreciating and understanding a piece of music like trying to play it. Rather like photography.

Here's the harmonium, two views in 6x17:

Caltar II-N 135mm @ f/22, Tri-X in DD-X, scanned on v700 and tweaked in Affinity Photo.

Scott, how do you get that lighting in most of your shots? I'm assuming it's in post processing (burning and dodging in wetprint, or Photoshop), but could be wrong. Or do you do multiple shots, to get more dynamic range? The desert here has the same plants and scenes, but they never look like that!