Page 765 of 1724 FirstFirst ... 2656657157557637647657667677758158651265 ... LastLast
Results 7,641 to 7,650 of 17237

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

A little Hasselblad action...

Tracy. October 2103. by ScottPhoto.co, on Flickr

Hasselblad + 80mm f2.8 + Acros 100

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post
    Don't tell my wife that. She can regale you with stories of all the fights we had as I lugged my huge camera bag and tripod around with us the whole trip. There was one particularly bad episode where we rented old rusty bikes in Sligo. Just imagine: hard-to-ride bikes, a huge Tamrac camera bag with pull-out "backpack" shoulder straps that were an afterthought at best, a hilly rural area, stormy weather and not enough water or snacks. At one point she came unhinged because I was being, shall we say, unreasonable.

22 years later and we're still happily married. At least she can never say that my passion for LF came as a surprise.
    The mental image of you on your honeymoon riding a bike through the country while carrying a large format camera on your back has brightened my day. Thanks for that. And great pictures!

Trailer, Maupin, Oregon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austingranger/

Don't tell my wife that. She can regale you with stories of all the fights we had as I lugged my huge camera bag and tripod around with us the whole trip. There was one particularly bad episode where we rented old rusty bikes in Sligo. Just imagine: hard-to-ride bikes, a huge Tamrac camera bag with pull-out "backpack" shoulder straps that were an afterthought at best, a hilly rural area, stormy weather and not enough water or snacks. At one point she came unhinged because I was being, shall we say, unreasonable.

22 years later and we're still happily married. At least she can never say that my passion for LF came as a surprise.

J.
    I didn't photograph my own wedding but I did take a full 35mm kit with three bodies, lenses etc, my Yashicmat 124 in its small bag with LunaPro SBC and plenty of film, and my complete 4x5 kit plus tripod on our honeymoon. I didn't use any of them except the 35mm much, but I took 'em. She didn't mind though, and we weren't bicycling. I think you win the "insane level of devotion to photography in general and LF in particular" award hands down!

I would have liked to have done this one with the big camera but the sun was dropping fast (you can see the shadow racing up from the bottom) and I didn't think there was time. The more I do this photography thing the more I realize just how much changes from second to second. Did you know the earth is spinning at over 1000 miles an hour, while at the same time going around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour? And it seems so peaceful here in my office.

Abandoned Farm, Oregon

http://www.flickr.com/photos/austingranger/

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    ... Did you know the earth is spinning at over 1000 miles an hour, while at the same time going around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour?
    That's the tangential velocity at the equator. At Portland, OR it is roughly 700 MPH. See, you had more time than you thought.

Ha! Thanks Tuco. I feel much more at ease now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I think you win the "insane level of devotion to photography in general and LF in particular" award hands down!
    If anything I win the award for youthful naivete and optimism. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again I don't think.

Jonathan

If anything I win the award for youthful naivete and optimism. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't do it again I don't think.

Jonathan
    Last summer I went on a hike with only a small Fuji XP1 for camera gear. It was a rough hike up a steep pass that completely taxed my physical resources. I did that hike 15+ years ago hauling a 4x5 gear and heavy wood tripod with no problem. Time takes its toll for sure.

Yes, and we are spinning around our galactic center even faster, not to mention our velocity from an expanding universe. I bet at some very distant reference we are traveling at nearly the speed of light. It's enough to make ones head spin.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    The more I do this photography thing the more I realize just how much changes from second to second. Did you know the earth is spinning at over 1000 miles an hour, while at the same time going around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour? And it seems so peaceful here in my office.
    Well, if yo shot at 1/30s, you captured about through 9.3 miles of space in this single image ...