Page 1376 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 37687612761326136613741375137613771378138614261476 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,760 of 17218

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    A couple 35mm photos made last week, with my Widelux F7 and Kodak XX:

Twelve Oaks Trail

Biloxi Beach Boardwalk Fog

Both great images Bryan. Good use of the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Bryan, you've been really knocking them out of the park lately.
    I'm new here, so I can't speak about any of the photos he has posted in the past, but this pair of photos are definitely dingers!

Very nicely seen and captured!

Bryan is one of many here to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Audii-Dudii View Post
    I'm new here, so I can't speak about any of the photos he has posted in the past, but this pair of photos are definitely dingers!

Very nicely seen and captured!
    Tin Can

Well gosh, thanks everyone .

Allow me to post one more from the Twelve Oaks Trail. A different viewpoint of the big oak above:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

A couple years ago I took a bunch of hummingbird photos in Arizona. Never made any prints, but recently I bought a painting of a hummingbird from a new friend and artist and showed her the images. She loved them and wanted to see some prints. Her painting was made on a ceramic tile and presented on a piece of thick corrugated cardboard painted to look like roofing. I loved the look and took some inspiration from that.

I bought some wainscoting from Home Depot and a thicker piece of wood for more rigidity and glued them together. Then, I used a really nice hammertone metallic spray-paint to make it look a bit like metallic barn siding. Finally, the hummingbird photos were printed on Kodak Endura metallic paper and mounted on gatorboard, which will be glued onto the wainscoting. Oh, and I plan on mounting plexiglass on top to the same size using nuts and bolts like I did with a tintype recently.

These three images also looked nice as a vertical triptych. If I have an interested buyer, I could make another one, but the plan is to cut the wainscoting down into three pieces here (8x10 each). The hummingbird prints aren't glued on yet:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Yes the colorful delicate birds contrasted by harsh cage tower which shares soft and sharp like Reinholdg’s road and sea fog also just posted.
    Tin Can

Man (used in the general sense, which also includes women) does not live by photographing palm trees and houses alone, so I tried something a bit different today during my outing / dog walk and photographed the Palo Verde tree in my neighbor's backyard:

DIY modified full-spectrum Samsung NX500 / Contax 28/f2.8 lens / Hoya R72 filter

Les

And you didn't cut yourself ? That's biting sharp. Really like those IR images.

Les

Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Vogt View Post
    And you didn't cut yourself ? That's biting sharp. Really like those IR images.
    Initially, I didn't think so, but I woke up yesterday morning with a small, but painful cut on my right thumb, so maybe I did?

Anyway, thanks for the kind words!

So I tried yet another experiment yesterday, this time creating a five-panel stitched photo with each of the five panels itself the result of stacking and then median-blending seven identical exposures to reduce noise / increase the SNR, as well as increase the overall file size to 62MP and its resolution accordingly. By my math, the final, effective field of view laterally is equivalent to that of a 17.2 mm lens on a 24x36 sensor, only its resolution is more than six times greater than it would have been if I had cropped a 4:1 panoramic photo from a single one of my A7R's 36 MP files.

Creating this photo required me to take a total of 35 photos (although I actually took 63 in total, because the FPS rate of my camera is fast enough that I can't count-off exactly seven exposures, so just let it run until I was sure I had taken at least seven ... lol) and required a lot of post-processing, because I first had to create each of the five panels by stacking and blending seven exposures, and then editing a 4:1 pano required me to alter my on-screen tools / menu setup to accommodate it, so nothing fell readily to hand while I was working on it.

Still, I think it was worth all the effort, because I rather like the final photo -- IMO, photographing with IR light was the perfect choice for this scene, on this day and at this point in time! -- and that I was able to successfully do this handheld was a bit of a revelation to me, as I have always used a tripod on those rare occasions when I've created stitched panos in the past. Here's a link to a larger version -- https://i.imgur.com/aoX2mRV.jpg -- but below is a smaller version that can be seen here: