Page 931 of 1722 FirstFirst ... 43183188192192993093193293394198110311431 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 17218

Thread: safe haven for tiny formats

Re: safe haven for tiny formats

Wow Marty, you've got a nice yard!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kirsten View Post
    Another great shot, Scott. I'm curious about the 'look' of your work - sharpness, focus, tonality etc. Care to share some details like film, development, format you use? Thanks, and keep sharing. Barry.
    Thanks Barry. I was good at putting the camera and 'film' on each post but only for a few times...
    Anything recent I've posted is from a Canon 5D with a plasticy 50/1.8. I love the combo. The PS work I talked about somewhere earlier in this thread. It's more or less what I still use I suppose. If it looks grainy or something, that's a lith print from a 35mm negative. If it's recent that's going to be Delta 100 shot at 50 and developed in rollo pyro. The lith chemistry is a lot different than usually dilutions. I make it really strong and use fomatone paper (i like 133). Lately I've been adding just a little bit of concentrated LPD to the lith developer. The strong lith minimizes the pinks that can easily happen with that paper. However, it can still shift that way. The more LPD I add, the more it shifts to an olive color. So I'm still dabbling there....I wish I had a better enlarger because the cheap cadet II I picked up is rickety and barely tamable.

Thanks Scott, that's very helpful. I've never used the lith process, but it's obviously contributing to the look of your work, and something I should investigate. At the moment I don't have a darkroom, which is very annoying. For printing the best I can do is crappy inkjet, which is just not on, so I just don't do any. A darkroom is a priority for me. Thanks very much for sharing your methods as well as your inspiring photos.

Barry

Yeah, what a nice front yard and pictures. And I wish it was that warm here. I don't recall ever waiting spring/summer to return as much as I do these days.

I probably posted these before. But I've been updating some older shots done in an 8-bit workflow to a 16-bit version and getting them cataloged while it is not very inviting to go outside.
    500C/M, CF T* 80/2.8

A $5 Special by yo_tuco, on Flickr

Watching The Game by yo_tuco, on Flickr

Those look good Tuco!

It was not raining/sleeting/snowing here today so I decided fresh air would be good. It was about 20f and wind was out of the NW, so I went to the beach where it is open to the SE, thus little to no wind for me! I spent about an hour walking and shooting 8 sheets of 4x5 at Birch Point Beach state park. I was completely alone there, which is unusual for a small convenient state park. Then I ran out of light and started the walk back. I was blown away by the colors and beauty. I seated myself still on a rock for about ten minutes and just observed. Toward the end, my wife texted me that is was time to go onto the next busy day thing, so I shot a quick video and a couple photos while I had my phone out. My cell phone records photo tones with the same subtlety as it's audio, but I can set the whitebalance which is good. All warmed back up now, so off to the darkroom shortly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1207141600a.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	126214

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Those look good Tuco!
    Thanks. Yes, very nice to be out shooting on the beach with no one around.

Canon 5D 50/1.8

I have no idea where I am now.

Working on a small project with leafs I'm finding on the ground:

Nikon D800, 55mm f2.8 Macro

Just blowing some film on a somewhat nippy winter afternoon (at least, for south GA).
    Shot with Agfa Optima 160 35mm film adapted into a 6x12 back, Chamonix 45n1, Nikkor 90mm and Schneider 58mm XL (clearly not LF ):

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I still love those sprocket hole exposures of yours,Corran; great! I currently have some superia 200 loaded into a mamiya 645, but I still have to shoot most of that roll. Maybe if things work out I can post a few on here as well.