Thread: General purpose inkjet paper

Abuser of God's Sunlight

General purpose inkjet paper

On my old epson office printer, I used epson's "photo quality inkjet paper" for just about everything. It's an office-weight paper, very bright and smooth, single sided. Text looks great on it, and photos look decent. Accurate color and nice blacks.

It was the perfect paper for correspondence, support materials for shows, one-off portfolios to mail to people, etc. etc..

The printer driver had a preset for this paper, so there was no thinking involved to use it.

Now I have a canon printer. Their presets of course are for their own papers. I see choices like "high resolution paper," "super white paper," and "matte photo paper."

Does anyone know if one of these is similar to epson's photo quality inkjet? If not, has anyone used the epson paper in the canon printer?

Thanks!

Re: General purpose inkjet paper

For sometime now, I have been using Costco's Kirkland inkjet paper. It comes in a box of 150 8.5x11 glossy sheets. It's a bit heavier then Epson paper. It costs $19.99! I made a profile for it and use it as a proofing paper before I burn one of my more expensive papers. It's great for one offs or give a ways as well.
    Now, Costco has been moving the paper manufacture around. Once it was made in Switzerland, then US of A and now its coming from Mexico. I have three boxes of the US paper and I don't think I'll burn thru 450 sheets right away. But, if I do then I'll try the Mexico version next.
    So, go over to your local Costco and buy a box and give it a try.

Re: General purpose inkjet paper