Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: modified to Zone VI

modified to Zone VI

My contentions with Fred relate to some of the advertising in his catalog, what he wrote about the Wisner products - hypocritcal considering who designed and built the first original Zone VI cameras, how many different incarnations of the Zone Vi camer there has been, etc. - and his "My way, or the highway" attitude expressed in the catalog and his book.

HOWEVER - when I saw his video - "Photographing with Fred Picker" - he seemed QUITE different on camera than in print. Although he was weighted down with accoutrements from the Zone VI catalog, not ONCE did he try to sell them or expound upon their virtues. And he did express the idea that you have to do what YOU have to do, not what someone else thinks you should do, to get the picture.

So I am wondering if the Fred Picker of the catalog was not some sort of advertising construct, like Bartles and James, entirely different from the Real Fred Picker.

modified to Zone VI

And, now that I think about, don't forget that every time Calumet sells a Zone VI modified Pentax meter, PENTAX just sold one more meter.

modified to Zone VI

I have found it very well, compair to the other meters.

modified to Zone VI

Zone VI modified meter? I bought my first spot meter from Zone VI back in the late 70's. It was a Soligor spot Sensor and it worked great until it took a dive down the back stairs and broke beyond repair. I bought a used Soligor of the exact same model at a local photo shop for $50.00 about 5 years ago. I then sent it into Zone VI for modification and have had years of flawless use for both B&W and color. I essentially got a new meter for $125.00! Nice savings!