Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1150

Thread: Post your churches

Re: Post your churches

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    Old Bedham Church by Toby Key, on Flickr

Bedham Church was built in 1880 and served as both a village school and a church. The pupils turning their chairs to face east and putting away the inkpots on a Friday ready for the Sunday service. Prominent parishioners included Sir Edward Elgar. The school closed just before the Great War while the Church held its last service in 1959. Shot on 4x5. Ilford HP5 in Ilfotec HC 1:48, Fuji 125mm 5.6 NW 3 seconds at f32. I used a little bit of front rise and some swing to make the church sharp all the way to the back of the photo.
    Really nice
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Key View Post
    Old Bedham Church by Toby Key, on Flickr

Bedham Church was built in 1880 and served as both a village school and a church. The pupils turning their chairs to face east and putting away the inkpots on a Friday ready for the Sunday service. Prominent parishioners included Sir Edward Elgar. The school closed just before the Great War while the Church held its last service in 1959. Shot on 4x5. Ilford HP5 in Ilfotec HC 1:48, Fuji 125mm 5.6 NW 3 seconds at f32. I used a little bit of front rise and some swing to make the church sharp all the way to the back of the photo.
    Very nice, Tobias. And good use of movements. It seems that church might be a bit airy.

Very nice Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Very beautiful space and light, Austin.

Thanks, Paul. It is one of my favorite little country churches. Here is the outside (this is from medium format, if I can be permitted):
    Cordelia Lutheran Church, Idaho by Austin Granger, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    Thanks, Paul. It is one of my favorite little country churches. Here is the outside (this is from medium format, if I can be permitted):
    Cordelia Lutheran Church, Idaho by Austin Granger, on Flickr
    Yes!

this in order to illustrate playing with long expired film, and well, churches.
    ORWO NP20 expired 1991, iso 80, I metered at 20.
    Camera 13x17 FKD
    lens repro Ultragon Eskofot 150mm @f32
    developed standing 1 hr in HC-110 (6g/liter).

cathédrale, Le Puy en Velay. The 1st Crusade departed from there. The initial church upon which this one 11th c. was erected is from the years 500 to 550.

the FKD has very little movement, and the street is very steep until few meters before the stairs. The shot is taken from where the arrow points.

Still in Le Puy,, Saint Michel d'Aiguilhe, still on 1991 ORWO NP20 13x18, and this time, soviet 13x18 Tessar, the Industar-31 210mm f4.5, but unsure what diaphragm. It was a bit windy and I do long exposures with lens cap as shutter which affects sharpness. Developed in replenished D23 10mn.
    Careless scanning, there's lot of dust there. But it shows 1991 ORWO is well useable.

Quote Originally Posted by landstrykere View Post
    Still in Le Puy,, Saint Michel d'Aiguilhe, still on 1991 ORWO NP20 13x18, and this time, soviet 13x18 Tessar, the Industar-31 210mm f4.5, but unsure what diaphragm. It was a bit windy and I do long exposures with lens cap as shutter which affects sharpness. Developed in replenished D23 10mn.
    Careless scanning, there's lot of dust there. But it shows 1991 ORWO is well useable.

It always amazes me how on earth did they build a church (or castle) at places like that with the tools of the time? This chapel was build around 969 and enlarged in the 12th century! It's not like they had a helicopter around...
    Expert in non-working solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    It always amazes me how on earth did they build a church (or castle) at places like that with the tools of the time? This chapel was build around 969 and enlarged in the 12th century! It's not like they had a helicopter around...
    Yowza! I think they climb up and start whittling their way down with hammers and chisels.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian