Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A lens better than the Super Symmar 110 XL !!!

A lens better than the Super Symmar 110 XL !!!

Hi-

I've got the Digitar 150mm which I purchased for use with a Linhof Super Technika V. It is a very very sharp lens (at least as sharp as the 110mm on my RZ67). Schnieder's published image circle is 150mm, but if you look at the transmittance and MTF both are flat from 0 to 150mm so they are not only conservative but nearly absolute.

On my lens the actual image circle is about 180-190mm and is caused by physical vigneting because the rear element is recessed.

An additional note: My technika will just barely close with the 150mm digitar mounted on a flat tecknika board.

jim

Hello John, is the 120mm Digitar lens that you have the standard Digitar 120mm or is it the Digitar 120M? In the brochure that I have on Digitar lenses it lists the standard 120mm as having an image circle of 150mm and on the 120M the image circle is 210mm.

Unfortunately the wider angle Digitars are all listed with small image circles. In the Rodenstock literature that I have about the Sironar- Digital lenses, all of the wide angle lenses are listed as having large image circles. Does anyone here have any experience with the Rodenstock Sironar-Digital wide angle lenses?

Ron:

The image circles for the Digitar-M lenses are quoted at 1:1 not at infinity, so they appear much larger!

Glenn

Schneider's Digitar brochure is now online at:

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/pdf/foto/digitar.pdf

On the last page, the data for image circles is interesting. They quote all image circles at f/11, but give different circles for different format sensors. Along with the text, this clearly indicates they are using a resolution criterion for image circle diameter.