I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out what may be causing these and what I might do to get rid of them. There is a sort of gritty feeling to the emulsion side and the specks can be scratched off with a fingernail. Sacrilege, I know!

HP5 8x10 film, exposed 2 years ago, processed yesterday ( ) with Rollo Pyro in a Jobo drum. 2, 20 second pre-washes with filtered water, developer mixed with distilled water, 2, 30 second filtered water stop baths, 6 minutes with non hardening rapid fix and then 20 minute wash with filtered water and a final rinse with distilled water.

I should mention that the A & B solutions are about 1 1/2 years old and had been in storage most of that time. Also,the solution B is a half full bottle with about a 1/4 inch of sediment at the bottom, which I shook up before adding with solution A and the distilled water. This is likely the problem but even B&S hadn't heard of this one yet. Their suggestion to remove the specks was to try washing again in a solution of distilled water and sodium sulfate, which I tried but it did nothing.

I have ordered new chemicals to see if that is the problem but would love to hear some other ideas and any thoughts on how to get rid of the dark specks.

Thanks, Tori