Thanks Dan, I often forget things I read. I have been to http://www.graflex.org/ often, I learn best with things in my hands.

I will stop using the wrong term for Graflok backs, as many have written, the whole darn nomenclature is confusing.

I do know I like these little cameras. I only shoot them with sheet and even recently started shooting sheet with Mamiya RB.

My fumble fingers have difficulty with roll film in many ways.

I also know this forum does not consider 2x3 large format.

Thanks for all your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
Miniature Speed Graphic with a Graphic (= spring) back. Compare it with a Crown, whose full name is Pacemaker Crown Graphic.

International back? Wash your mind out with soap. Graflok back. Graflok. And, yes, there are all sizes of Pacemaker Speed and Pacemaker Crown Graphics with Graflok backs. Also with Graphic backs (= spring backs) and with Graflex backs (as on Graflex SLRs). Whatever the customer wanted.

The Graflok back came to market in 1949. Before 1949, Graphics were delivered with Graphic backs, the Graflex back was offered to order. Starting in '49, Century Graphics had integral Graflok backs, other Graphics had Graphic backs as standard and Graflex and Graflok backs were optional. Eventually, sorry, I don't know which year, the Graflok became the standard.

When the Graflok back was introduced, Graflex Inc. sold Graflok backs to fit older Graphics. I've seen Miniature Speed Graphics with the correct retrofit Graflok, complete with a flash socket at the back's upper left corner.

Now go over to www.graflex.org, read the FAQs and everything else, and educate yourself.