Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Posting on APUG & LFPF

Re: Cross Posting on APUG & LFPF

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I have to agree with Ian. It is just plain annoying when people simultaneously post identically both here and at APUG. You have to recognize that many folks participate in both fora.
    And you have to recognize that many folks DO NOT participate in both fora.

I'm not ashamed to say that I've done this a number of times, also at the hybrid site. I get very little overlap in answers and people answering. Discussions often go in very different (and useful) directions, because there are different people who frequent only one or the other, and the "rules" and personalities of the sites are quite different. I have even linked to the other forum because points of interest arise in one discussion that are absent in the other. Perhaps this is because maybe most people can figure out to only post once and not waste their time on an identicle thread elsewhere....

Tim

When selling the extra 4x5 film I have, half went to someone here on the LFForum and the other half to someone on Apug. They are each only on those forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore View Post
    When selling the extra 4x5 film I have, half went to someone here on the LFForum and the other half to someone on Apug. They are each only on those forums.
    I don't see why anybody trying to sell something wouldn't want to reach as large an audience as possible....

I don't see the harm in posting for sale items on both - am I missing something?

Sorry Ian, I'll cross post if and when I feel like it. Who made you the 4rth person in the trinity?

Here's a solution; don't read one or the other!

Me, I feel no such restrictions to post strictly on one or the other, so I apologize in advance for irritating you...
    Kino
    We never have time to do it right, but we always seem to have time to do it again...

Since I see no harm in Venn diagrams, I can't see the problem with cross posting. There are lots of readers who exclusively post to and read only one forum or the other. Why should they be excluded from seeing something that is of interest in either circle? I also enjoy getting a chance to see who is common to both LFPF and apug.
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    And you have to recognize that many folks DO NOT participate in both fora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Sorry Ian, I'll cross post if and when I feel like it. Who made you the 4rth person in the trinity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    Here's a solution; don't read one or the other!

Me, I feel no such restrictions to post strictly on one or the other, so I apologize in advance for irritating you...
    what they said! sometimes it is good to hear from some of the different people who may not be on both forums. i spend more time here anyway.

but the most important thing i see here is that YOU SHOULD DO AS YOU SAY! how do you have the audacity to cross post this troll. come out from under the bridge.

as much as i want to cross post this answer i am not going to cause it is clearly a troll!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I find it confusing. There was a recent cross-post and I replied there, but when I looked at the thread here I couldn't find my post and thought I dreamed about responding...