Thread: Ilex W/A Lens

Ilex W/A Lens

Got to use my Ilex wide angle [101.6mm] lens took two shots of same subject one with the Ilex lens and one with the Rodenstock 150mm just for compareing : Ilex lens only has three stops F-8 to focus with and F-16/F-22/F-32 to shoot with thats all: Interesting Outing with the lens; Your thought's are welcome on this:

The fountain is at Coply Square Boston,Ma. shot at 7.am to avoid people and cars
    Used efke iso100 metered at 50iso @3-1/2 seconds and devlp ID-11 for 12 mins and diluted 1-4
    Last edited by seawolf66; 11-Aug-2008 at 11:15. Reason: left info out
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Re: Ilex W/A Lens

Other than the wide angle perspective making things look more distant, thus not quite as crisp (i.e. the second column) and a little convergence, I see nothing at all wrong with the old Ilex. That's what wide angle lenses do for a living. In fact the 150 shows what looks to be veiling flare that's not evident with the Ilex. I use mostly old, or downright ancient, lenses and see nothing wrong with their performance, whatsoever.

Lauren, am curious about your 101 Ilex WA...is it really old? If so, would be interesting to see a digicam pic. Does it have waterhouse stops? I enjoy using 'modern' Ilex lenses (90 Acugon, 190 Acuton).

John: Do not know its Mfg date but here is a photo of it :
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Probably a Protar V ultra-wide formula, able to cover or come very close to covering 8x10? In a shutter--I'm jealous! Do you use a BTZS (or similar) focusing hood? I find it very helpful seeing the otherwise dark image of a Protar.

That lens is pretty ancient. '20s or '30s vintage. I love the look of what comes out of some of these old lenses.

John: according to the information I got off Cameraeccentrics web site it will cover up 5x7 thats it so at 4x5 plenty of play room, I get plenty of light thru it, but a dark cloth does help me,would haved liked if it had f-45 stop on it but F-32 thats it!
    here is the web site http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/ilexb/p6.html

OH Glenn, I also like its look for something that small : Lauren
    Lauren MacIntosh