Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 'project' are you working on?

Re: What 'project' are you working on?

Right now the project is reassembling my darkroom in our new apartment after moving about a week ago. We've got a spare bathroom, so I'll actually be able to leave it set up permanently, and should be able to become much more productive than I've been in the last two places where I had temporary dark/bathrooms. Just about everything is set up. I've got another little tweak or two with the plumbing, and then I've got to make it dark.

When that's done, I can get back to my project of late, which is to put together some sort of Hawai'ian portfolio from the images I've been shooting there over the last several years.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

I've been procrastinating on making 20 prints for a show that has to happen before the end of the year. It's my first color project ever, and I don't completely know what I'm doing. The creative part is finished. What lies ahead is all the 'making it happen' busywork, including lots of hours staring at photoshop and hoping my color correction skills are up to the task.

Next project ... I don't know. I'd like to stretch myself. Go out and do something that I really don't know how to do (in terms of images, not just nuts and bolts). Try to be untethered by what's familiar or by fear of failure. Who cares if it fails. It's just photography! A thought that's been bouncing around has been to do a series of pictures inspired by a particular Wallace Stevens poem.

Thanks for the great ideas!

A variation on the graffitti theme: Find a railroad crossing and photograph the graffiti on rail cars. This idea is in the back of my head and I will make an effort soon.

Old churches, anything rusty and weathered wood are favorites of mine. Sometimes I get really lucky and find all 3 in the same place.

Thanks again for the inspiration.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

multiplex

i have a few sporadic long term projects -

i have a series going where i photograph friends, strangers and shopkeepers,
    some at work in their work environment some not ... some with 4x5 some
    as big as 11x14 and 7x11.

recording industrial buildings/remnants around southeastern new england.
    i've shot with paper and film and will probably use dry plates when i get my
    act together ...

I am currently working on a project of the confluence parks around the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. I have some photos I took last year and earlier this year. At the moment, I am waiting for the water to go down sufficiently so I can see what these places look like after this year's flooding.

-Ongoing project in portraying people with an addiction.
    -Formulating a photographic answer to a conceptual work of art by French artists Vincent Ganivet and Simon Boudvin. (If anyone has experience in embedding led lights in polyurethane for even, diffuse lighting...)
    -Developing new three dimensional work (sculptural installation) containing a photographic 'skin'.

alanps

An ebook I have been planning for a long while - photographs of my time (more than landscapes) on Mull in Scotland.
    However, may have had an exposure disaster with 100 sheets of 5x4 - can't currently bring myself to process them :-(
    Alan

i ahve been shooting post offices. it seemed that every time i drove down a rural street i would run across another PO (unless i needed one). so i decided to shoot them. i have been slacking for several years but it is an ongoing thing....i am constantly reminded of my project when i see the PO.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

I'm planning a fairly large project of very small things in my own garden. I'll have to use 4x5" for this macro project, since I'm thinking of prints up to 100x125cm!

what things?

Lichen. My garden is "sub-vertical", with lots of lichen-encrusted clipps and rocks. I'm aiming for an exhibition of between 8 and 15 very large prints of very small details.

Or at least that's my excuse for having a 120mm Macro-Nikkor...

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    i ahve been shooting post offices...snip
    eddie

Is this what is referred to as "Going Postal"?

Vaughn