AIPAD Miami, which was to take place this December 2-7, 2008 has been canceled according to the show's director David Weil.

This is quite unfortunate. I was really looking forward to going this year -- I heard so many good things about the one in 2007 and how so many galleries did so well at AIPAD Miami. The obvious reason is that AIPAD has a level of quality that they must meet from the attending exhibitors and venue space. I know that they were spending a great deal of time and consideration on looking for appropriate venue space -- since last year they shared a tent with Stephen Cohen's Photo Miami which used Steve Blackman's wall system (former director/owner of Art Chicago and someone who is deeply dis-liked in the artfair community).

Meanwhile art fairs in New York City are doing amazing. The Armory had a record year in sales and AIPAD NY had a record year in attendance. I was there for the full time this year and there were A LOT of people. It's really unfortunate that there will not be an AIPAD Miami this year.