Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Photo Irvine (CA)

Pro Photo Irvine (CA)

Hello everyone,

Just heard about Pro Photo Irvine. Has anyone had 4x5 E6 film processed by them? How's the service? I normally go to A&I in Hollywood (though I've only had 35mm and 120 roll film processed by them), but Pro Photo is half the price as A&I and much closer.

Thanks,

Jason

Re: Pro Photo Irvine (CA)

I have had excellent results from Pro Photo with E-6. They seem to use different (correct) times for Kodak and Fuji, giving proper speeds from each. I drive past them every day, so can't speak to shipping performance, but for drop-off / pick-up they've always been on time.

You asked about 4x5; they sleeve those and return them in the envelope you filled out. If you use 120, I'd suggest writing "Please core sleeved transparencies" on the envelope. Otherwise, there's a tendency for clerks to roll the sleeved film and place it in the envelope, causing creases when it's pressed flat.

If you try them, tell John I sent you.

Hey Sal,

Thanks for the info. Once my Chamonix gets here, I'll drop off a few slides to a few different places and see how it turns out. A&I has been great so far, but it's a bit pricey (but they do have a 10% student discount, but that only covers sales tax ).

I'm located in Irvine, so this will be a much closer drive as well!

Thanks,

Jason

They send their 4x5 film out though...
    Great guys there.

If Pro Photo is sending out their 4x5 film, then a far better option would be Data Chrome, also located in Irvine (close to John Wayne Airport):

http://www.data-chrome.com/pricelist.htm

They do all E-6 processing in-house (including 4x5 and 8x10) and have very fast turn-around times. They are also cheaper than A&I and their local competitors. Rochelle Burch is the owner/operator and does a great job. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    They send their 4x5 film out though...
    Since when? They've run an on-site E-6 line for the many years I've used them. Haven't been there in a few months though.

E6 for roll film? Or 4x5? I was just thinking 4x5 film which I took a few months ago. Although, that was C41....so probably E6 4x5 is there.
    I do know that it took over a week for that to happen. They sent it down to San Clemente.

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    E6 for roll film? Or 4x5? I was just thinking 4x5 film which I took a few months ago...
    They don't do C-41 sheets in-house, but run E-6 4x5 as well as 8x10 through their own dip-and-dunk line. Jason's original question in this thread was about E-6.

Hey Sal,

Do you know if they still process E-6 sheet film (4x5)? After they redesigned their site recently, the removed any pricing info on sheet film. I was really looking forward to using them for color work!

Thanks,

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leppanen View Post
    If Pro Photo is sending out their 4x5 film, then a far better option would be Data Chrome, also located in Irvine (close to John Wayne Airport):

http://www.data-chrome.com/pricelist.htm

They do all E-6 processing in-house (including 4x5 and 8x10) and have very fast turn-around times. They are also cheaper than A&I and their local competitors. Rochelle Burch is the owner/operator and does a great job. Highly recommended.
    Thanks Eric! I'll have to try them out as well!

Jason