Page 261 of 274 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2737

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/210, T-Max 100, DD-X.

York Minster, Nave & Great West Window by atomstitcher, on Flickr
    Fabulous shot.

Durham is worth a visit too - but I'm not sure how camera/tripod friendly it is at the moment.

Martin

Beautiful Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Fabulous shot.

Durham is worth a visit too - but I'm not sure how camera/tripod friendly it is at the moment.

Martin
    Thanks Martin. Yes that's the problem with some of these places; if you have a "serious" camera it is often assumed you are out to make money from the endeavour. At York I got basically no hassle at all other than a couple of polite questions, but then at that point they've already made at least £12.50 from you just getting in the door. Other places which don't charge an entry fee may not be quite as accommodating...

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMarq View Post
    Beautiful Gabe
    Thanks Patrick, much appreciated.

Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/150, T-Max 100, DD-X.

York Minster, North Transept & Five Sisters' Window by atomstitcher, on Flickr

Was exceeding the image circle of the lens a bit here, but I quite like the effect.

Huub

Durham is worth a visit too - but I'm not sure how camera/tripod friendly it is at the moment. Martin
    They have a good website: https://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk/visit-us/photography

When i visisted a few years back they organised special photography events in the evenings. Tripods and big camera's where no issue at these events, but otherwise they were rpetty strict on photography.

Quote Originally Posted by Huub View Post
    They have a good website: https://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk/visit-us/photography

When i visisted a few years back they organised special photography events in the evenings. Tripods and big camera's where no issue at these events, but otherwise they were rpetty strict on photography.
    "Photos for personal use taken on ordinary handheld cameras and/or mobile phones is encouraged."

See this is the kind of thing I mean. Vague terms like "ordinary handheld cameras" give them license to refuse you if you look too "serious", even sans tripod.

I think principally what motivates policies such as these is grubbing as much money out of people as possible, something which sadly happens all too often when it comes to our cultural heritage. Don't get me started on the National Trust.

Linhof Technikardan S45, Rodenstock Grandagon-N 4.5/90, center ND filter, T-Max 100, DD-X.

York Minster, Chapter House (North Side) by atomstitcher, on Flickr

Gabe, these are very nice. It would be interesting to see a larger series of head-on, very symmetrical church interior images like that. I know it can be very difficult to get just right!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Gabe, these are very nice. It would be interesting to see a larger series of head-on, very symmetrical church interior images like that. I know it can be very difficult to get just right!
    Thanks. Yes it could make for an interesting series. As you say, difficult or impossible to get them exact because the buildings themselves are not perfectly symmetrical. I have some other shots still to post which are not straight-on.

What would be nice would be to have solo access, and for all interior clutter to be removed so just the building itself could be appreciated without distraction (something Frederick Evans was able to enjoy). Doubtless a pipe dream however.