This question is also posted in the photo.net general photography forum. Please ignore the following if you've already read the other post.

Being new to LF, I am looking for suggestions on 4x5 B&W sheet film. I have rea d through the archive, but did not find answers that really addresses my need (h owever, please point me to the right threads if I missed them). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Let me start by stating my experience and what type of film I am looking for in LF. I have been shooting APX25 roll film and processing them in Rodinal. In ad dition to the fine grain, I find the tonality and contrast of this film pleasing , and I especially like the sharp edge effect of this film/developer combination ; although PanF+ offers similar fine grain, I find the contrast less desirable t han APX25. I have just switched to LF partially because APX25 has been disconti nued. As I shoot with Rollei 600X (shutter speed up to 30 sec can be dialed in) , the long exposure needed for the slow speed film + small aperture combination has not been a problem.

With the view camera, I will be shooting landscape (with 75mm/90mm lens?) and st udio still-life (210mm lens). I have considered some of the low speed films suc h as APX100, TMX, FP4 and Delta100, but I start to realize that in combination w ith small aperture and filters, this will require very long exposure time. In a ddition, I was never happy with TMX (120 & 135), and I have no experience with t he other films.

I hope I have stated my situation thoroughly, so I will start with the questions .

May I assume that grain would not be an issue with some of the 400 speed films s ince I rarely enlarge beyond 16x20?

More important than grain size, I am looking for a film/developer combination th at can best mimic the effect of APX25 developed in Rodinal. Any suggestions?

The labs in my area use T-Max developer (and I suspect this may be the most comm on developer used by pro labs?), what's your opinion on your suggested film(s) p rocessed in T-Max? I don't mind processing the film myself, but would like to h ave the option of paying someone else to do it.

Finally, what's your opinion on Polaroid Pos/Neg?

Thank you very much for reading my post and answering my questions; I would be g rateful for any suggestions.

Song