Page 420 of 427 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 4262

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Quote Originally Posted by theAngryMarmot View Post
    Here is my Toyo 45G. I bought it new in box the couple months ago, locally on facebook marketplace of all things. I bought a Nikkor 180mmF5.6 lens for it. I shoot 35mm and 120 - and wasn't planning on 4x5 but I couldn't pass it up.

Like that bridge too. Where is it? And what is that structure over to the right?

David

...interesting looking for location-revealing clues - the landscape and vegetation, graffiti...and that structure in the distance to the right looks like a viaduct (essentially a canal/waterway over land?). Hmmm...somehow an "eastern bloc" feel to this?

4x5 Sinar Norma Handy 65mm f8 SA Viv365 C Cell Pack by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is my Sinar Norma Handy, built by me from Parts Box Vintage original Norma Helical Mount for 65mm F8 Chrome Super Angulon Compur. Vivitar 365 with C Cell Pack fully operating. The camera is complete ready to shoot, I have three left in this 4x5 Graphmatic. The 365 has the power I need for handheld 4x5 Wide Angle Tripod. I will embellish with XTC Mini Inflatable Softbox soon. I have six loaded 4x5 Graphmatics with HP5+ and TMax400, as a side by side test.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    Like that bridge too. Where is it? And what is that structure over to the right?

David

It is the Gillespie Dam & Bridge just south of Arlington, Arizona. The dam and bridge was constructed in the 1920s. The dam was built by a landowner (7000+ acres) for irrigation and was a flow over type dam. The dam failed in 1993 so there is a section of a little over 100 feet missing. I am going back with the camera probably this week to photo the dam, as the pics I took of it on that trip were not great (the negatives stuck to the holders of my stearman press tank when developing.) You can free roam around the site so I have some ideas for composition. Luckily I was quite happy with the pic I took of the bridge with some Ilford Hp5 since it was the first pic I took with the camera.

Gee, DannL, that looks larger than a 5x7.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by theAngryMarmot View Post
    It is the Gillespie Dam & Bridge just south of Arlington, Arizona. The dam and bridge was constructed in the 1920s. The dam was built by a landowner (7000+ acres) for irrigation and was a flow over type dam. The dam failed in 1993 so there is a section of a little over 100 feet missing. I am going back with the camera probably this week to photo the dam, as the pics I took of it on that trip were not great (the negatives stuck to the holders of my stearman press tank when developing.) You can free roam around the site so I have some ideas for composition. Luckily I was quite happy with the pic I took of the bridge with some Ilford Hp5 since it was the first pic I took with the camera.
    Thank you. I thought that was the American Southwest. I'm partial to subjects like this.

David

I thought that looked kinda familiar. Thanks for posting the information.

If you are ever looking for company to go out stomping around with view cameras let me know. I have spent considerable time collecting photons from Southern, Central and Northern AZ over the last 30 years. In addition to landscapes that catch my fancy, I lean towards Indian Ruins and rock formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Unkefer View Post
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2pxmn89]
    This is my Sinar Norma Handy, built by me from Parts Box Vintage original Norma Helical Mount for 65mm F8 Chrome Super Angulon Compur. Vivitar 365 with C Cell Pack fully operating. The camera is complete ready to shoot, I have three left in this 4x5 Graphmatic. The 365 has the power I need for handheld 4x5 Wide Angle Tripod. I will embellish with XTC Mini Inflatable Softbox soon. I have six loaded 4x5 Graphmatics with HP5+ and TMax400, as a side by side test.
    I've taken a lot of great pictures with that f8 65mm but I jumped ship for the f4 65mm Nikon as soon as I could. It was a bear to focus that f8 on ground glass in dim light. Should be no problem for you with that indexed helical mount and viewfinder. Love the potato masher. I was a Honeywell guy but had Vivitar friends, shoulder pack was 1/3 the size with a 510 volt drycell. Try to find that battery now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beevo View Post
    If you are ever looking for company to go out stomping around with view cameras let me know. I have spent considerable time collecting photons from Southern, Central and Northern AZ over the last 30 years. In addition to landscapes that catch my fancy, I lean towards Indian Ruins and rock formations.
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind!