Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dick Phillips and his 8x10 cameras

Dick Phillips and his 8x10 cameras

Hi everybody!

I'm a norwegian photographer and MFA student. I've been working with a mamiya 7 II for å long time and have decided to buy my own 8x10 field camera.
    I really want to go for one of the Phillips cameras. I only found some old info form 2004 on the net.
    Does anybody have Dick Phillips' number or e-mail? Does he still produce them?

I think this was to expensive for me.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Phillips-8x10-Co...QQcmdZViewItem

If he has stopped producing them, I hope not the collecting activity is forcing prices up, but I'm a bit fraid that is my problem.

Re: Dick Phillips and his 8x10 cameras

I could not find any new information either other than contact information. I have also been watching the Philips for sale on eBay now for several days and wishing I could afford it. Too rich for my blood, but what a fine, solid looking camera!

Jim

I shipped 12 8x10 screens to Dick about 3 months ago, and was under the impression, those cameras were spoken for, and those would be the last that he makes, I know he has been spending a lot of time out photographing and was under the impression, he was going to retire after this last run of cameras.

Being honest with you, if in fact Dick is retiring, I think you will be seeing them at that level for a while to come, they are an awesome camera, one that I would be proud to own.

Looking at the spare that is included in this auction, that is one of the last shipment I sent Dick, and I can tell you from experience, the selling is a great person, so I would not be worried at all buying from him. The storage bags are second to none, Kevin makes some of the best bags in the world...

Dave

Dick will be at foto3 and I can ask him if he is still making cameras. I do have a phone number but don't know if he wants it given out.
    E=mail me and I will pass your info on to him.

steve simmons
    largformat@aol.com

Wow. Just ended at $6,700.00!

Thats really crazy:-) My god, I hope Phillips will make cameras again. Maybe it was Jeff Wall or Thomas Struth that really needed a new camera:-) I hope so..

Holy Cow, what did that sell for new?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

good grief...I wonder what my phillips 7 x 17 is worth? . Oh well, I guess I will keep my shen hao 8 x 10 FCL 810A for 8 x 10 for awhile...

Ryan has been selling off his 8x10 gear but i can't believe he gave up the camera. He's a talented photographer too.

I left a voice mail for Dick about two months ago, he replied a few weeks later after returning from a trip. He is not making any more 8x10 cameras.