Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wista 45DX users?

Wista 45DX users?

I use a Wista DX (older, with rear shift) almost exclusively for my outdoor work, especially when I have to pack it long distances. I own a monorail and another field camera, but have chosen the Wista over other brands which are possibly better made and have smoother controls and longer bellows extension principly due to its small size and light weight. I have found it to be a rugged, reliable and uncomplicated tool in the field. Low-tech has its advantages. The only real shortcoming (literally) is the small bellows draw which does not allow focusing a 300mm lens closer than infinity. This I solved by mounting my Nikkor M 300mm on an extended lensboard. One advantage of this camera is the way it folds together. Not only is it quick and uncomplicated, but many small lenses can be folded up inside the camera without removing them. Even my Schneider Symmar-S 135 fits inside the camera when closed. A great help when in the field and size and ease of set up are important. Hope this helps, ;^D)

Wista 45DX users?

According to our factory information all current Wistas have a leather pleated bellows. Was yours changed by someone?

We can email a comparison sheet of Wista/Linhof/Toyo/Wisner/Horseman features to anyone who wants one.

Wista 45DX users?

I own one of the older Zone VI Wistas. It is an excellent camera. Like all of the cameras I own or have owned, I have yet to live up to it.

Wista 45DX users?

I have owned a DX rosewood w/rear shifts and have had only slight problems. One being crinkling bellows when I fold it up but that can be alleviated by keeping the front standard loose when folding, removing the back and centering the standard so the bellows don't crease. After significant use you won't need to remove the back, you will know when the front standard is in place. Also ALL of the original brass cap nuts that retain the all of the knobs fell off. The Wista site is in Japaneese so I couldn't order another set from the manufacturer, I used it for several months afterwards without any nuts and none of the knobs fell off but be forewarned finding brass metric buts is slightly more difficult than could be expected. Reccomendation - remove all of the nuts and put a tiny amount of thread locking compound to keep them all in place.

Wista 45DX users?

"he original brass cap nuts that retain the all of the knobs fell off. The Wista site is in Japaneese so I couldn't order another set from the manufacturer"

If you are in the U.S. we have them in stock. Just call service in NJ at 973 808-9626. They have most Wista parts in stock and we have most Wista accessories in stock.

As we sell to the camera stores and not to end users you could also order the caps from your dealer in the U.S.