Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie about Photographers

Re: Movie about Photographers

I wish someone here would play the role of Monsieur Edmond of "Hotel du Nord", and show how to handle LF camera nicely.

A few years ago there was a movie called Pekker (I am not sure of the spelling) about a 20 something photographer whose family photos were discovered by the art market.

steve simmons

Antonioni's "Blow Up" with David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave. A classic!

"Funny Face" with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn (supposedly based on Richard Avedon).

"Pretty Baby" with Susan Sarandon, Keith Caradine and Brooke Shields. (Based on Belloqc's work with prostitutes in New Orleans pre-WWI.)

Great camera work in both "Blow Up" and "Pretty Baby". (Also great antique camera and lighting gear in "Pretty Baby".) A dancing and singing version of Avedon, doesn't sit too well with me even if he does dance well with what appears to be a Rollei.

A very big second for "Public Eye" with Joe Pesci. He creates a very gritty and photographically believable Weegee in a good film noir story.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

There was a movie about Betty Paige, but the guy shooting stereo pictures kept holding his camera in the verticle position.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    A few years ago there was a movie called Pekker (I am not sure of the spelling) about a 20 something photographer whose family photos were discovered by the art market.

steve simmons
    That was "Pecker", by John Waters. It's a great film; Waters was fairly familiar with fine art photography and very familiar with art gallery scene, so there are lots of little inside jokes. I'd love to show it to my high school classes, but it's a John Waters film, and I'd also like to keep my job...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Cameo roles: Candice Bergen played Margaret Bourke-White in "Gandhi". And somebody played Joe Rosenthal in "Flags of our Fathers".

Quote Originally Posted by Daqlon View Post
    I was wondering if they would make a movie about one photographer who would it be? There are some movies around about photographers probably, but if you have big amount of money. Who would you go for it. I guess Ansel Adams would be interesting, because he meet with Stieglitz or maybe Eugene Atget who finally found his spirit in photography.

Let me know what do you think?
    I'd be surprised if there isn't already a treatment or two around for a film about Roland Penrose, Lee Miller and their circle, which included Lee Miller's one-time lover, Man Ray.

Myself, I'd like to see a movie about the film industry (the subject can work, as in Truffaut's La nuit Americaine/Day for Night) that drew on the life of the Cuban cinematographer Nestor Almendros. I think that it could make for an interesting film.

As director, for either of these films, maybe Pedro Almodovar.

I think it's time for Robert Capa's autobiography, "Slightly Out of Focus", to be filmed. It was written as a screenplay anyway... but who today could play Ingrid Bergman?

I think there should be a movie about me. I am serious. I will play him also. 20 mill is my asking price. ;-)
    Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    John Malkovich as EW...?
    Richard Dreyfuss as Jim "little Green Men" Galli
    What is it that people see in John Malkovich? I don't get it. Now I've only seen him in a couple of movies but he seems to be kinda dull...

Like I said, I just don't get it.