Thread: Linhof Rangefinder and how to mount off camera

Linhof Rangefinder and how to mount off camera

I have a Linhof Multifocus Optical Viewfinder made for using with a Master Technica (I have never had the camera but use the viewfinder for composing shots). The part number is 01378, and fortunately I didn't pay the current price for this (and it's one of the few bits of kit that isn't 'as expensive' in the UK as it is in in the US).
    I know it's still extravagent compared with making a square with my hands (!), but it's actually a great accessory and I use it all the time ... so that's the justification done with!!
    However I keep searching for a better way to carry it/hold it.
    I have read that some other people have them attached to a strap or handle or similar, but just can't work out, or find out, where to get a bracket to attach the large hot shoe securely.
    Can anyone help on this please?
    I think a small hot shoe connector will not be strong enough to hang a few hundred $ of fairly heavy viewfinder from, and ideally it needs to be something of a decent size and strong construction, and preferably a screw to 'lock it'.
    Alternatively there may be a way of removing the whole base from the viewfinder (it's on a sort of spring loaded pivot) and attach directly ...I just don't know.
    My preference is to attach a wood handle rather than a strap.
    So if anyone can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks.

Re: Linhof Rangefinder and how to mount off camera

You can contact the Linhof service center in your country and order the accessory shoe for the Master Technika. Then you can simply attach a strap to the shoe or, in your case, attach the shoe to a grip of your choice.

Re: Linhof Rangefinder and how to mount off camera

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    You can contact the Linhof service center in your country and order the accessory shoe for the Master Technika. Then you can simply attach a strap to the shoe or, in your case, attach the shoe to a grip of your choice.
    Thanks Bob, I'll get in touch with Linhof and Studio next week.