Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone send a Contact and a Scan of the Contact printed?

Thumbs up Can someone send a Contact and a Scan of the Contact printed?

I am hoping this can work as I would love to see some prints due to my having limited access of seeing them in hand.

Here is what I am wanting from a member around here:

1) Contact Print from an 8X10 camera. It could even be a smaller format, down to the smallest (4X5).

2) A "professional" scan of the same negative done recently (i.e. Prefer 2008), and printed with an attempt to match or even better the Contact Print.

3) If someone had a 4X5 negative scanned and printed to the same size as an 8X10 contact "and" sent along an 8X10 contact, this would be great.

4) As well, if one has a print from a digital camera, along with a contact print (sizes being the same or at least printed close enough in size), this would also be great to see.

5) Last thing, if possible, would be to see a second contact print that is very good, but not one you would consider to be one of your better ones done. In other words, a sharp contact print, but maybe tonality/parts of the exposure/etc. aren't as spot on as the good one.

Any out there that would be willing to do this for me, that is in the States so we can have a quick turnaround as far as time is concerned? I can pay the shipping or whatever costs are involved. I only want to have in my hands the above to see what I can see in each of them (personal analysis).

Last thing-Do not label or put any notes on any of the prints that identify what is what. In other words, if someone has an 8X10 contact as well as a 4X5 scanned and printed at the same size as the 8X10 contact, I do not want to know which is which.

Hope someone out there will do this. I have to take off for a trip May 5th, so there's
    still plenty of time.

If there isn't any one single person out there that can send me the above, maybe I can get a one of each from different individuals.

Thanks to whoever can help on this one!!!

Re: Can someone send a Contact and a Scan of the Contact printed?

Hands down, the print from my 2mp camera phone will be the best. I won't label them though!

Really though, if i get a lull in work, i'll see what i can send out.

Thumbs up Re: Can someone send a Contact and a Scan of the Contact printed?

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    Hands down, the print from my 2mp camera phone will be the best. I won't label them though!

Really though, if i get a lull in work, i'll see what i can send out.
    Wonderful. As I say, I can pay the FedEx or 2-3 Day Priority USPS shipping. I'm not going to be slandering comments about bad this or that just so everyone knows. I'll just be thrilled to have some prints in hand and my wife will be a fantastic eye to give her thoughts (yes, no, yes, no...hehehehe...really, she is very good with looking/hearing thing...very earthy and why I married her!).

This is solely for me to have prints in my hands and to see what I feel about year 2008or thereabouts prints from the camera, scanned, enlarged via scanned, digital, etc.

I'm actually especially interested in a 4X5/5X7 shot scanned/printed to the same size as an 8X10 contact. This would be a very very nice comparo for me to see.

And 2MP camera...not a problem since reviewers of cellphones do say they can make nice 5X7-8X10 prints (cough cough).

All I would be able to do is to send a contact print. It might have to be an earlier 5x7 as most of my 8x10's are processed for alt printing and tend to have too much contrast for a decent silver print.

I can scan with a V500, but no way could I make a decent digital print...don't think my hp scanner-fax-scanner-copier would be up to the task! Do you have a decent printer? I could scan the 5x7 neg and email you the file as well as snail-mail a contact print from the same neg.

Vaughn

Thumbs up Re: Can someone send a Contact and a Scan of the Contact printed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    All I would be able to do is to send a contact print. It might have to be an earlier 5x7 as most of my 8x10's are processed for alt printing and tend to have too much contrast for a decent silver print.

I can scan with a V500, but no way could I make a decent digital print...don't think my hp scanner-fax-scanner-copier would be up to the task! Do you have a decent printer? I could scan the 5x7 neg and email you the file as well as snail-mail a contact print from the same neg.

Vaughn
    Do you happen to have any scanned work (professional scan and print work)? Would be interested in seeing the 5X7 contact vs. even a 45 shot that was pro-scanned and enlarged to 8X10 or something even closer to 5X7.

Thanks Vaughn!

jetcode

Vaughn
    Vaughn,

I have a nice scanner and printer and could scan and print any neg you have made a contact print with, the burden then is on me to try to match the contact print which I am interested in trying to do ... I only have 3-4 real 8x10 contact prints and I am planning on scanning the film and making a digital contact print from it. The goal of these exercises for me is to maximize print quality. I'd be happy to give you the scan on CD and print in return.

Joe

I do have this 5x7 image as a contact print.

A local printing company used the image for a promotional poster...scanned the image. Then a friend borrowed the scan the printing company made and worked on it and made a 11.5"x16.25" inkjet print from the scan. He previously had been working from scans of medium format negs and wanted to see what he could do with a scan of a LF neg.

He did an incredible job...as professional as one can get. So, if you want, I can send you a contact print I made of the 5x7 (silver print or platinum print...can't remember which I have...perhaps both), and the 11x16 inkjet print. Definitely want them back in good condition, of course.

Vaughn

PS...this image looks only so so on my screen....much better is real life -- this scan was made from a platinum/palladium print. The pt/pd print would not be as sharp as a silver gelatin print...nor is the pt/pd as sharp as the 11x16 inkjet print. So I will see if I have a contact print in silver gelatin...but I won't have time to make one if I don't.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Two redwoods.jpg  

Okay...now I am confused (or more accurately, more confused than I usually am...LOL!)...Joe (Jetcode), are you the same person as audioexcels, or is this a second request for a negative/print?

jetcode

Okay...now I am confused (or more accurately, more confused than I usually am...LOL!)...Joe (Jetcode), are you the same person as audioexcels, or is this a second request for a negative/print?
    no I am not audioexcels and it sounds like you have everything he is looking for

Vaughn,
    that image contacted printed must be a jewel.