Joe

It is certainly true that a speed or crown graphic camera can be used for landscape photography. Many years ago I used one (crown) for just about every kind of photography. But, when people say they are "getting into" something in photography it is wise to consider that the "getting into" might turn out to be a "passion for", which invariably leads to wanting different equipment. IN the case of landscape photography, you will be quite limited with the crown or speed. the lenses are good, but if you want to use the rangefinders you need to have cams for each lens if I remember correctly. And they don't have real convienient movements, and their bellows are rather short if you want to use longer lenses or shoot close ups. I would highly suggest a good use B & J 4 x 5 with either a 180 or 210 lens as a begining outfit. Might be a bit more than $400 (you will need a decent tripod, film holders, case, dark cloth, and light meter as well. But you will have alot more flexibility with the B & J. Lastly, I would make sure that no matter where I bought the camera, and especially the lens, that you buy it on approval. If the seller is worth his salt he won't be trying to sell you junk. That means that he should stand behind his/her merchandise. That means that you should be able to take it out and try it to see if it is going to work for you. If it does, then keep it. If not, take it back and get your money back. don't be in a hurry. take your time to assemble your kit. don't overpay, but don't try and get everyting for free either. pay a fair price for fair goods and you will be happy. kevin