Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cost of a Schematic....

Re: The Cost of a Schematic....

ouch - and there I was feeling like a crook with my xerox'd rollei repair manual!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Why don't you see if you can find a few members either here/apug/pnet/etc and pool the cash to buy the manual from Durst. That way you can send a copy to each person and it only costs a fraction...

....otherwise call them up and ask down the phone to get just the pages you need, if you talk on the phone you might get further than by email. People are more willing when you can beg in your most wimpy voice.
    Maybe this week I will call and see if he will just copy, e-mail or FAX the 3 missing pages to me for less than the $20 that stonemills wants for the whole manual.

It can work the other way - I wanted an operator's instruction manual for a Bronica but didn't want to pay the extortionate rates from Oldtimer Cameras knowing I'd get a photocopy that cost a few pence. I rang the importer at the time and they put a brand new, original guide in the post for free. I guess they'd got a pile sat on a shelf gathering dust so it was saving them having to dump one...

I'd like to get my hands on a repair manual for a De Vere 54 Varicon enlarger but they are even more rare now and it could be a wild goose chase (Odyssey Sales never bothered to return my email...)

Andrew