Thread: Screen DT - S1030ai Drum Scanner

Screen DT - S1030ai Drum Scanner

I have the opportunity to buy one of these for $750. It is in good working order, comes with an extra drum, a mounting station, Apple computer with software, and manuals.

Does that seem like a fair price? How does this scanner perform? I currently get my film scanned for me by a couple of very good companies and most likely would still send my critical work to them, however, I thought this scanner might be a decent by in terms of trying out some scans that I might want to play around with (4X5, 5X7, and 4X10).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim

Re: Screen DT - S1030ai Drum Scanner

Good buy assuming it is in good order and comes with software. Great buy if the software has been upgraded.

Performance may not be quiteup to that of a few slightly more recent highend scanners but it is light years better than the consumer scanners you get for that price.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    I have the opportunity to buy one of these for $750. It is in good working order, comes with an extra drum, a mounting station, Apple computer with software, and manuals.

Does that seem like a fair price? How does this scanner perform? I currently get my film scanned for me by a couple of very good companies and most likely would still send my critical work to them, however, I thought this scanner might be a decent by in terms of trying out some scans that I might want to play around with (4X5, 5X7, and 4X10).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Jim
    I got mine with the same package deal and indeed this is a very good price. Go ahead , you have nothing to loose. Good luck.

I got mine with one drum, software, mac clone computer, external hd, zip drive, mounting supplies for just over $200. That's the best deal i've ever seen or come across.
    Get it, you won't be dissapointed. If you don't, i'd like to get my hands on that additional drum. Let me know if you don't.

I could get one for cheap but without software, can I use eg. Silverfast or do I need additional drivers?
    Thanks and Kind Regards
    Martin

No, you can't use Silverfast. You need to use Screen's software. It will cost you 800 -1000.

Thank you for the information.
    Martin