Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x5 film washer question

Beverly Hills, California

4x5 film washer question

I just looked up, the Oriental and Gravity Works washer mentioned above is the same product. It's said to have the benefit of "complete water changes with minimum amount wet time".

On a slightly different subject, this may be a dumb question, but can someone tell me what's the importance of a minmal wet time for the negative, if any?

Anyway, seems like a couple of people mentioned this washer: it's a relative bargain, and is is fun to use. Andre

4x5 film washer question

I agree with Pete's answer above. I use a unicolor drum roller for processing my 4x5 film. All I do for washing is take the top off and connect a cut off end of a water hose to my sink faucet and stick it in the drum and let it wash. Very easy and cost effective way to go. All you do is set the drum in the sink and eyeball the lenght from the faucet to the bottom of the drum and cut the end of a cheap hose off and screw it on and away you go. Hope that helps. Doug

4x5 film washer question

Are you aware of the Jobo hose designed to rinse films in the Jobo tanks? I think it's one of the neatest inventions ever and one of the greatest advantages of the Jobo system. It forces water down the center tube and up past the film, and mixes air into the water for a turbulent cleaning action. It has an easy procedure for ensuring the correct water flow and it cleans your film thoroughly with a minimum of water. It is part 3350. $12.50 at B&H. The best $12.50 you'll spend on your Jobo.