Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1062

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Hello fellow Cezanne users! I think we all know how keeping these old systems running can be a pain. Today I made an upgrade that was cheap and easy to reduce the possibility of failure - replacing the old IDE hard drive with a SSD.

Here's the items I used:

64gb SSD, $13.05
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MWSKWCT

mSATA to IDE 44 pin adapter, $13.88
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GRMUQRG

2.5 to 3.5 IDE adapter, $8.59
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZGHZJMM

Less than $36 total but you will also need or at least it makes things easier to have a USB to IDE adapter. This is the one I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/EYOOLD-Recove..._df_B0969H82M2

The G4 Mac I have is easy to get into. I popped it open and grabbed the old IDE drive. Using the above USB adapter, I made a binary copy of the hard drive using a free software called HDD Raw. Then I copied that data into the new mSATA drive using the same device. After popping in the drive, it just worked instantly.

I haven't scanned anything yet but I'm hoping for slightly better performance with this drive. Good luck if you do a similar upgrade!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230912_231932~2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	242304
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Hi all - I'm still having this problem (see below) - if there's anyone out there who has encountered similar, or who has any ideas, please get in touch!

With many thanks
    Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by retrogaz View Post
    Hello everyone! I've just dug out my Cezanne Elite (after it has been sitting unused for several years). I couldn't get the ColorGenius server application to start, so I have spent the last day reinstalling os9 and Colorgenius EX 1.0.2. I'm running os 9.2.2 on a Powermac g4. The scanner used to work really well with this setup.

I think the last time I booted it up a couple of years ago I experienced the same problem but didn't get around to sorting it out!

Anyway, I'm still getting an error message when starting the server, and I'm not sure if it relates to the computer/software, the scanner or the SCSI cable!

When starting up it says fatal error -2821 FT-5500

'The initialisation of server application failed, Server can't start'

If I open the servererrlog in simple text, it says ErrNo -3154
    File, Line: CSLow.C, 814

The scanner itself seems to initialise itself with no problems - doing all its checks and flashing lights before bleeping and giving me the power light and the solid green light on the far right.

Has anyone encountered this, and do they know what it refers to? There are no error codes like this in the instruction manual.

ColorGeniusEX itself loads up fine, but unfortunately I can't do anything with it!

With many thanks for any advice/assistance!
    Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by retrogaz View Post
    Hi all - I'm still having this problem (see below) - if there's anyone out there who has encountered similar, or who has any ideas, please get in touch!

With many thanks
    Gareth
    If you look into the system information of os9, do you see the scanner connected to scsi?

Hi . . When you reinstall the CGenius s/w . . Always remove any previous drivers, etc. relating to CG and SCREEN . . flush out any 'Preferences' otherwise the s/w will load and use the old/corrupted data . .
    Hope this helps . . TC

Quote Originally Posted by mhphotography View Post
    If you look into the system information of os9, do you see the scanner connected to scsi?
    I will check and report back! Thank you

Thanks - my knowledge of OS9 is (very) rusty - if you have any tips on where to find these files that would be super helpful. I'm going to get the system cranked up again tomorrow for further investigation!

Hi . . Look for all folders with SCREEN and CG . . Also Preferences . . Using search . . .

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I bought a second-hand Screen Cezann Elite scanner a few months ago. In an earlier post, someone also had problems with fine lines (mostly dark) when scanning C41 negative material, which are sometimes more, sometimes less visible over the entire image. Unfortunately, the post from that time did not go any further. Does anyone know the problem and how to fix it? I have already cleaned the internal mirror, the lamps and the calibration strip.

Greetings from Cologne Roland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0105.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	246372

Try swapping the reflection and transparency lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your answer. Do you know how to get the lower lamps?