Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I haven't heard of people using a MacPro to drive Colorgenius and their Cezanne. I do and it has been working fine, so I though I'd list my set-up in case it is helpful.

Mac Pro (Early 2008)
    2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    16 GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

OSX 10.5 Server

Colorgenius Ver 2.07

Cezanne FT-S5000

ATTO ExpressPCI UL5D SCSI card
    Wait a minute, you've got an Intel-based Mac running the Cezanne and software??! Didn't think that was possible.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Yes, Intel-based Mac. These pictures should show you exactly what is running.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	187360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	187361

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Yes, Intel-based Mac. These pictures should show you exactly what is running.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	187360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 5.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	187361
    Intersting I didn't think of trying OS X 10.5 server.

That's good news! I'm running 10.3 on a G4, and who knows how long it'll last.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Shouldn't it be fine if it is running OSX ≤ 10.6 Snow Leopard it will use Rosetta.

Quote Originally Posted by calebarchie View Post
    Shouldn't it be fine if it is running OSX ≤ 10.6 Snow Leopard it will use Rosetta.
    Yes, Color Genius is easily installed on 10.6 and below, however, it isn't an installing of the software issue with Colorgenius that has caused people trouble with being able to use their scanner. It has always been complications around hardware, firmware, and driver issues relating to the SCSI Card and SCSI Device.

Cezanne files from Screen

Hello All, I have have just tried my old link to Screen for the software, https://www.screen.co.jp/ga_dtp/en/d...ner%20Software , and it now brings an error. Perhaps they have discontinued software support. If so, can we add files we have to a central download site?

Ok hi everyone, im back after moving the cézanne and im happy to report: everything went well and the scanner still is in working condition afterwards

Concerning the age, I decided to open it up and clean it thoroughly before setting it up again, and that's what i did yesterday thanks to your help - and boy it was dirty inside.

All went well until I took a look at the mirror before cleaning it - then, my personal moment of horror. The mirror is full of tiny scratches, like a really excessive amount. Interestingly enough, all of the are at the same height which indicates something mechanical scratched it and not a person while cleaning it. They would be all over the place in that case and not all at the same height.
    If the scanner was transported without being locked some time before, is it possible that the camera bumped against the mirror and scatched it like that? Or what can be the reason for this? Because the mirror isn't really what you would call accessible easily - so I have no idea what possibly happened there.
    I think the person responsible for the cézanne before didn't really care that much

Here are 2 pics, the first one shows the general inside of the cézanne and the second one is the horror pic.
    https://imgur.com/a/WHrrHPd

I'm doing some testscans and so far you can't see any scratches on the scans itself.

Also, can someone help me out with density values and how to set them properly for positive scanning?
    Thing is, I under stand the concept, but I thought you just use the colorpickertool and set the highlight density to the brightest point and the shadow density to the darkest point of the image you are about to scan. But the results are usually too dark. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you guys!

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

After the last Cezanne went away, I found a sealed box with two bulbs. How much are these going for, can anyone give me a clue?

Bryan would have the best idea.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know