Thread: Jobo print drum clips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Jobo print drum clips

Hi all

Any idea where I could find the small clips used for keeping paper (or film) in situ inside Jobo CPE2 print drums? Or does anyone have a 3D print file?

Thanks

John

Re: Jobo print drum clips

Search Thingiverse for user mathgl. I stashed a copy away, but I have never needed the clips doing film (8x10) or fibre paper (20x16). On the other hand, I am sure there is someone who swears by them. Jobo probably made them for a reason, after all.

Hi Graham

Thanks for that. I always used them when I had a Jobo years ago with 8x10 film. I think I’ll probably use them with the price of film nowadays!

Went to our local hardware store and bought a short length of tubing. Cut it into 1 1/2 inch lengths and cut a slit lengthwise. At each end of the slit used a utility knife to cut "V"s at each end like in JOBO clips. Found that soft tubing worked just as well as OEM JOBO hard plastic drum clips and was easier to put on in the dark.

That's a great solution, thanks for sharing

I tried to use my clips once and I had a hard time getting them to snap on. The tubing idea sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I tried to use my clips once and I had a hard time getting them to snap on. The tubing idea sounds better.
    Soft tubing goes on easily and comes off easily. I've never had a problem with a home made one coming off, but I did once have two hard plastic OEM JOBO clips come off during the 20 minute developing time. Also the soft tubing clips cost me about 5% of the OEM hard plastic clips.