Page 426 of 756 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 7557

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodturner-fran View Post
    This is an utterly amazing image. If I ever got one image like that I would sit content forever after.
    Sorry, I missed your post. Thank you for the kind words. As I'm only 32, I think I will keep trying for a bit more. But I do know the feeling that every last picture that you took is the best one yet.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBirch2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	1233758x10" chrome cropped

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post
    Sorry, I missed your post. Thank you for the kind words. As I'm only 32, I think I will keep trying for a bit more. But I do know the feeling that every last picture that you took is the best one yet.
    32! Sheesh! I'm 32! And I haven't gotten an image like that yet, ugh I'm behind apparently :-p

2 Bit Hack

Replace those yellow trees for pines and it could be the field to the south of my yard.

Nice image Steve! We don't get many color changes this far south. I miss it.
    Regards

Marty

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Thank you Jm , the fall season is my favorite time for doing color photography.. This was shot in northern Indiana several years back and I'm pretty sure I used my Georz 12" gold ring Dagor,, my go to lens for the 8x10.. As soon as I get my color neg film I am gonna use my 480mm for a switch and do some portraits w/ the fall leaves as a backdrop. I'm also considering some 8x10" B&W Impossible Project Polaroid film .. I have 4 holders and the processor that I haven't used in several years.. 20 bucks a sheet is alittle bit shamefully painful to say the least..

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post

Twickel, Fomapan 100 4x5, Nikkor 90/4.5

I spent a lovely foggy morning at a nearby estate last saturday.

While I was shooting a man, who was walking his dog, came standing next to me and said 'Do you see something I don't see?'
    Turns out he thought I was looking for a special bird or something, but I was quite puzzled for a while. When I told him I was shooting the wider view he went on and let his dog of the leash so he could swim for a few minutes, right in front of my camera!
    I'm quite used to people coming up to me when I'm shooting LF, but usually they try to disturb me or the view as little as possible. Never had someone stand right in front of the camera for a few minutes. Luckily it was a very quiet morning and I wasn't in a rush, but with changing light I would have been a little annoyed.
    Beautiful work!! btw when i was doing a night shot a while back i was sitting on a bench with the camera on the sidewalk letting it take the shot (37 minute exposure) and this drunk guy kept walking up to me standing directly in front of my camera, then he would walk away, a few mintutes later here he would come again standing right in front of my camera and talking to me, surprising enough he didnt show up on the film at all and the shot turned out great.
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

I notice that if you have a small format camera people tend to be considerate and wait for a second. With the large format it may as well be a geosurvey tool that people think you are taking measurements with

Quote Originally Posted by Steve M Hostetter View Post
    Thank you Jm , the fall season is my favorite time for doing color photography.. This was shot in northern Indiana several years back and I'm pretty sure I used my Georz 12" gold ring Dagor,, my go to lens for the 8x10.. As soon as I get my color neg film I am gonna use my 480mm for a switch and do some portraits w/ the fall leaves as a backdrop. I'm also considering some 8x10" B&W Impossible Project Polaroid film .. I have 4 holders and the processor that I haven't used in several years.. 20 bucks a sheet is alittle bit shamefully painful to say the least..
    I hate to break it to you but 8 x 10 color film is also $20 a sheet these days. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGard View Post
    Sorry, I know this is old, but I nearly fell off my chair. That is an utterly amazing image. Thankyou for sharing.
    I agree. It is very beautiful indeed.
    Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    This is another from the archives I never scanned until this weekend. It goes back to Christmas, 2005. It is the canyon in Zion NP. I like it for its feel of the season, autumn come and gone.

Arca Swiss 4x5
    Fujinon 240mm
    Velvia 100

"Autumn come and gone".

I like this very much. I feel it asks, What to make of a diminished thing?
    Thanks for sharing it.

C&C always welcome.

Where are we going?
    And why are we in this handbasket?

www.josephoharaphotography.com