Page 385 of 758 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 7579

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisD View Post
    The tree turned out well. I like the (unexpected) reflection. Did you feel the re- scan was successful ?
    Thanks. Yes, the rescan was better. I didn't move the black and white points of the histogram very far toward the middle leaving lots of wiggle room on either side. The raw scan looked much more drab as a result but after some effort in Photoshop I was able to engineer a version more to my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wow that exposure is so even.. Amazing.
    That's what good exposure, proper development and an 8x10 negative will get you.

Well, that and a lot of fiddling in Photoshop.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by jcoldslabs View Post

That's what good exposure, proper development and an 8x10 negative will get you.

Well, that and a lot of fiddling in Photoshop.

Jonathan
    Yes, but well worth it for the beautiful image you captured !

I also just realized how much the foreground symmetry (the right bend in the road opposite the left curve of the planted crops) adds to the image. It really pulls you in.
    I know just enough to be dangerous !

Some long-expired film ages well, some does not.

Century Universal 8x10, R.D. Gray No. 8 Periscope, Dupont Defender X-F Pan (expired 1949).

Jonathan
    I recognize that tree. Luckily, I've never encountered that dragon (hellhound?) there though.

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post
    I recognize that tree.
    Yeah, I decided to stomp all over your stomping grounds for a change, although where you had snow and ice recently I happened to be out there on the most spring-like day we've had in four months.

Every time I go far afield for photos it just reminds me how much I like being at home and in my own neighborhood. While exploring new locations can fire up one's photographic imagination, I find that new places overwhelm my senses--everything looks interesting because it is new. (This is at the root of why a lot of vacation photos tend to be boring. People think, "Oh look! The Eiffel Tower!" and click away in their enthusiasm.) When I shoot around the house NOTHING looks new anymore so I have to really challenge myself to find something worth photographing. Of course, what I find worthwhile may just be ridiculously mundane to someone else. To each his own, I guess.

Jonathan

Here's the last of the tree pictures from last week's outing, I promise. This was shot on the end-scrap of an anonymous roll of 5 1/4" 1950s aerial film I pulled out of a WWII K-24 reconnaissance camera. It was so tightly curled that I had to tape it into the holder and then tape it again into the processing drum. Given all that, and the fact that the film is fogged all to hell, I'm surprised to have been able to pull something decent from the negative. I've included the raw scan so you can see the source material.

Century Universal 8x10, 30cm f/6.8 Ica 'Maximar', unknown aerial roll film.

Jonathan

Here's the last of the tree pictures from last week's outing, I promise. This was shot on the end-scrap of an anonymous roll of 5 1/4" 1950s aerial film I pulled out of a WWII K-24 reconnaissance camera. It was so tightly curled that I had to tape it into the holder and then tape it again into the processing drum. Given all that, and the fact that the film is fogged all to hell, I'm surprised to have been able to pull something decent from the negative. I've included the raw scan so you can see the source material.

Century Universal 8x10, 30cm f/6.8 Ica 'Maximar', unknown aerial roll film.

Jonathan
    You have great skills both in vision and technology

Thanks, Stone. You might also say I'm too cheap to waste even the crappiest, most poorly-stored, foggiest film around.

J.

Thanks, Stone. You might also say I'm too cheap to waste even the crappiest, most poorly-stored, foggiest film around.

J.
    1947 expired film is the oldest for me

Amazing what you were able to pull out of that negative Jonathan!

Here's a tree outside of our Fine Arts building. I have photographed it many times. It's just photogenic. Plus I try to shoot some film every day, and when I'm busy with work that means I'm usually walking around campus during my lunch break.
    This is 35mm film adapted into a 6x12 holder and shot with a 47mm XL lens:

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Amazing what you were able to pull out of that negative Jonathan!

Here's a tree outside of our Fine Arts building. I have photographed it many times. It's just photogenic. Plus I try to shoot some film every day, and when I'm busy with work that means I'm usually walking around campus during my lunch break.
    This is 35mm film adapted into a 6x12 holder and shot with a 47mm XL lens:

I do this with my Mamiya7 and 35mm adapter (minus masking plate) but never thought to use my 6x12 back... Hmmm