Page 139 of 756 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

These too are Redwoods (I'm fairly sure :/), a local trial plantation of them. There are some particularly impressive ones near where this shot was taken, saving them for a return trip.

Yes, I was there once when they were smaller but it's not the same. A giant Kauri though, that could be special.

Yeah, Tane Mahuta would be a lovely subject, or perhaps one of the lesser known giants in the Coromandel.

The biggest Totara in NZ is quite close to here, pretty impressive too.

Taken at Clyde Butcher's back yard. 5x7, fp4+, diafine, 150 Sironar S., Orange filter. 30 seconds and windy.

Regards, Richard
    Last edited by Richard Martel; 14-Sep-2019 at 21:17.

Forgive the less than amazing scan, it was a first attempt.

90mm Angulon, RVP, Shen Hao.

Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    I shot this last fall, and I like the content, but have struggled to get the color and tone where I wanted them. I converted this to B&W and like that interpretation pretty well, but I couldn't get the colors quite where I wanted them. I feel like I'm heading more towards where I wanted this to go.

4X5 Portra 160VC cropped to 2:3, Fuji 210-NW
    I like the composition of that image, with the tree stems poking through the dark area on the bottom of the image and the sunshine on the top.

I can imagine what you mean about getting the colors right, getting that feeling of sunlight into the picture is not always easy for me. In my very short experience with 400VC, I noticed that it was harder to get things right if the scan was even slightly off - I suspect it's a result of the more steep graduation emulsion. I went running back to my "neutral colors" emulsions (NC for Kodak, 160S for Fuji), where a halfway decent scan allows me to set the curves where I want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Martel View Post
    Taken at Clyde Butcher's back yard.
    Amazing backyard! Even given that a dramatic place like that makes for an easy target, I like what you did with it, that S-line of the light area makes me look around in the picture. The dreamy feeling about the image is great.

Thanks for the kind words Sascha. It was an easy target...No lugging camera gear, truck was 10 feet from my tripod location. If you, or anyone gets the oppurtunity to do a "swamp walk" with Clyde Butcher, take it. (Located in Florida,About 60 miles west of Miami on Highway 41, known as the Tamiami Trail). Not at all like one would expect...no mud and cool. BTW, I had one eye on the GG and the other on the lookout for alligaters that were all over the place.

Regards, Richard

Great thread! So many inspiring photographs here...
    bbuszard & k_redder: I really like the composition of your shots. And I hope to get equally beautiful tones sometimes...

I had trouble to separate the many shades of green. Maybe I should buy a box of Fuji 160S...

David J. Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by dh003i View Post
    a really big tree. Nikon Nikkor-SW 90/4.5 at f/11, Adox/Rollei Pan 25 film @ ISO 25, 1/30 second. Some rear tilt used.

Attachment 40509

full-sized image as a JPEG (but 50% quality setting export, so manageable size: 300MB => 10MB).
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6619242/blac...e_tree_f11.jpg
    PS: The film is officially Adox Pan 25 B&W panchromatic, made in Germany. Emulsion # E64 701/1108. I participated in an earlier thread on these kinds of low-ISO film.

Here is one I did in the last 20 minutes. I was just itching to try a monobath. So I prepared a solution of 8ml of HC110, 8ml of ilford RF and 2.5 g of sodium hydroxide. Then I caught this picture on FP4+ at f11@1/4s and developed the film with slow rocking in a tray for 6m15s. I wanted to see what I got sooooo bad that I rinsed it in water for 5 minutes and sprayed it with isopropanol and blew the film dry.