Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Durst Laborator 1000 condenser lens

Re: Durst Laborator 1000 condenser lens

Sorry for necrobumping, but I am in need of a condenser lens for the L1000 as well... I need one 180-1. If anyone has one and is willing to sell it, please let me know! I have a 180-2 and a 160 if anyone wants to trade.

Saus
    I "think" I might have an extra 180-1 condenser lens. But it is currently "burried" in my garage, so finding it will be a chore that has to wait till after the holidays.
    Also, my notes indicate that it may be scratched. I don't know how little/bad the scratches are until I can find it and look at it.
    PM me in Jan 2015 to remind me to look for the condenser lens.

I will trade for the 160 condenser lens.

ac12
    Will do! Let's hope your notes were wrong.

Saus,
    I just noticed your location in Norway.
    Shipping will likely be EXPENSIVE to/from the US.
    I recommend you try to find one in Europe first, so the shipping would be more reasonable.
    If you can't find one in Europe, then we can talk later.

ac12,
    I agree. Thanks for the offer. I know Kienzle in Germany makes spare parts and accessories for the L1000 (http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/_...00___u_a_.html). I will try with them first.

Saus
    Also check eBay.
    I got one of my L-1000 condenser lenses from someone in France. And the shipping from France to the US was EXPENSIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodturner-fran View Post
    I don't know if its any good to you, but here is how I set up the filters for my 1000:

Attachment 92717Attachment 92718Attachment 92719
    Old thread I know...I like this setup...especially since it appears I'm missing my filter drawer, and, honestly....where the heck would I find filters that big anyway?? I have Laborator CE 1000. I think the filters are something like 8"...anyway...I'm curious to know how big your square are!

Thanks,

Sam

I bought a set of 12cm x 12 cm Ilford vari-contrast filters from B&H. I have the TAUFIL drawer also. I place a filter loosely on top of the highest condenser and its a neat fit - no heat damage also. I do not use the filter draw because its too close to the 150 watt lamp, like you I suspect they would melt.

Cheers, Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by swittmann View Post
    Gary,
    The filter drawer is still on it's way to me and should arrive soon, maybe today. I found it at a Durst service in the UK, northernphoto.co.uk

I will get back to you once the filter drawer arrived and give you more details. It is the TAUFIL filter drawer, yes.
    Now I need to buy the filters and cut them to size... and have no idea how to do that without breaking them -LOL! I will find out (I hope) *sigh* and even if I manage to cut them without destroying them, they might melt when used because I have no heat filter. What a promising outlook, huh? - haha

Sandra

I bought a set of 12cm x 12 cm Ilford vari-contrast filters from B&H. I have the TAUFIL drawer also. I place a filter loosely on top of the highest condenser and its a neat fit - no heat damage also. I do not use the filter draw because its too close to the 150 watt lamp, like you I suspect they would melt.

Cheers, Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by swittmann View Post
    Gary,
    The filter drawer is still on it's way to me and should arrive soon, maybe today. I found it at a Durst service in the UK, northernphoto.co.uk

I will get back to you once the filter drawer arrived and give you more details. It is the TAUFIL filter drawer, yes.
    Now I need to buy the filters and cut them to size... and have no idea how to do that without breaking them -LOL! I will find out (I hope) *sigh* and even if I manage to cut them without destroying them, they might melt when used because I have no heat filter. What a promising outlook, huh? - haha

Sandra