Thread: film for 5x7 format

film for 5x7 format

Can the European LF film 13x18cm be used in 5x7 film holders? I read Schneider l ens literature that indicated that 13x18 film is only 1 millimeter larger in eac h dimension than 5x7 format. Limited variety of films available for 5x7 seems to be a problem. I've read that 13x18 size is popular in Europe.

film for 5x7 format

Hi Dave, Calumet sells 13x18 cm film holders, listed with the 5x7 holders

bill

film for 5x7 format

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say "yes", 13X18 film can be used in 5X7 film holders. I've sent 13X18 film from Germany to a couple of members in the States who hve had no problems.

film for 5x7 format

You can use any film that is available in 8x10 if you are willing to do your own cutting and get two sheets of 5x7 from each sheet of 8x10. I also cut from 5"x1000' roll of Pantomic-x Aero, also the old or by new of 9.5 in by 125" of Plus-x. If you do your own cutting finding film in the size you want is not a problem. Pat

film for 5x7 format

David,

Do you have a European supplier of 13x18 film? I am quite keen to get ahold of some color negative film for my 5x7 camera, but cannot find any and a search of the messages here seems to indicate it is unavailable anywhere.

Erik

film for 5x7 format

No. I've tried it with agfa 13x18 film and it just didnt fit. The solution was to get the right holders. I bought 13x18 film misdescribed as 5x7 to use cut down for a smaller format camera. I then bought some 5x7 holders and found that the film wouldnt fit. I subsequently bougth 13x18 holders which worked and built a small point and shoot along the lines of the HOBO around these film holders. I think the external dimensions of both holders are the same, but as I built my own camera for this I dont know that. Hope this helps

film for 5x7 format

The exterior dimensions of holders are the same. 5x7 is 12.7 x 17.8 so the difference is more than 1mm, and beyond the internal dimensional tolerance.