Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Berlebach tripods - advice?

Re: Berlebach tripods - advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Those are the old Wolf tripods.
    I don't understand that. Are they out of bussiness? Where then are the new Wolf tripods?
    What stands "PMA" and "we" for?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I don't understand that. Are they out of bussiness? Where then are the new Wolf tripods?
    What stands "PMA" and "we" for?
    Wolf made tripods from the old pre-reunification tools from the original Berlebach factory.

PMA is the Photo Marketing Association which holds it annual show in Las Vegas next week. It also holds shows in other venues around the world. It is the USA's largest dealer photo show.

We are the distributor for Berlebach in the USA.

Thank You for the explanation.

Wolf made tripods from the old pre-reunification tools from the original Berlebach factory.
    So they wouldn't make them anymore? I still don't understand it.

Will the new pan head be able to support 10kg camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Thank You for the explanation.

So they wouldn't make them anymore? I still don't understand it.

Will the new pan head be able to support 10kg camera?
    Wolf should still be in business. Will see at the next Photokina in September. Unless someone here has current status on them.

The new heads are rated to about 11 lbs. so that is in the 5kg range. The only head they sell in the 10 KG range is te Magic Ball.

Haven't tried the Berlebachs - but as far as Reis is concerned...

They're sturdy as hell and ungodly heavy. I got a new one for my 11x14 (A100 with A250 head) and it's nearly overkill for the 30lb. camera. I could hit it with a bat during a 10 sec exposure and end up with a perfectly sharp picture.

While I'm still trying to find a head for my carbon fiber tripod, I've been using the A100 / A250 setup on my 10lb. 5x7....and it's hilarious. Until, of course, I get home with my extremely sore back...

Quality is brilliant, but if you're looking to carry it anywhere, fuhgetaboutit.

--A

The Wolf web site is interesting as they show their two legged tripod, an interesting play on words.

My late father in-law had a tripod that looked like the wolf tripods, he used it on the Russian front, he thought it was the best material for extreme heat and extreme cold, timber that is!

Mick.

Unrequited Relic

Re: Berlebach 3032 tripod for Sinar P?

Greetings All,

I have just acquired a Sinar P and am learning to set it up, so to speak. My Manfrotto 055XPROB does not appear to be enough tripod and there seems a bewildering variation of tripod themes and model numbers. So, being a retro sort of person the Berlebach quickly caught my eye. The reviews and comments on this site have spoken well about them and I am giving measured consideration to a 3032 that is listed on KEH. Since most, if not all, of you know a LOT more about the camera and gear than I do, let me know what you think.

I am 6'0" so the height is probably Ok and if I put a head on it after the fact it will certainly be tall enough. The intended use of the format is still life, landscape, and occasional portrait.

There are a lot of nice used Bogen/Manfrotto deals around for $250 or less that might be just as serviceable.

Thanks for your consideration
    Bob

I have used a Ries A100 with A250 double tilt head, J100 with J250 double tilt head and Berlebach Report 3042 with center column and no head.

Both Ries and Berlebach make beautiful very well made tripods. You really can't go wrong with either one. Personally, I prefer the Ries for the leg locks. I can lock the legs in any position and the tripod is rock steady.

I use three Berlebachs. For a Sinar P, I would consider the Report series too weak. It won't collapse, but wobble quite a bit. The Uni series would be much better suited. They are much heavier, but a Sinar P is not a featherweight, either.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    I use three Berlebachs. For a Sinar P, I would consider the Report series too weak. It won't collapse, but wobble quite a bit. The Uni series would be much better suited. They are much heavier, but a Sinar P is not a featherweight, either.

Michael
    I was answering Colin's original question from 2007! I need to start paying more attention to when these things start.