Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An exercise in frustration...

Steve Gombosi

An exercise in frustration...

You know you're living in degenerate times when your local camera store doesn't *carry* cable releases anymore.

Steve

Re: An exercise in frustration...

Worse when your own camera cable isn't "compatible" with the college's cameras

How about when you walk into a 'camera shop', say you're looking for a cable release and the very pretty blonde behind the counter replies, "What's that??"
    Even better was going into a mainland branch of one of Britains largest photo retailers and asking for a changing bag. After a whispered conference in a corner, ye olde and wise assistant disappeared to a back room. When he (eventualy) returned his little helpers came round to see just what the mystery 'bag' was. I've never been one to worry much about fitting in, but I did start to feel like it was time for me to just go out in the snow and die.

At the local art stores nobody seems to have heard of 'dry mount tissue'.

Or the question how many pins does it have?just one big one is my answer you know the the old plunger type ,confused look i will go get the manager.cheers Gary

How about standing between a husband and wife photo "team" at Zabriewski Point in Death Valley.

It's 6am and the sun is rising. These nit wits forgot their cable releases for the digital donations and therefore have to use the self timer.

Now the kicker is, neither know how to turn off the beeping noise because they
    could not find their manuals.

This is a lovely sound at 6am when everything else is silent.

Idiots.

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

There's a story I read a few years ago on the net - dunno how true it is, as I think it makes the rounds and get exaggered with each telling, but I've always liked it. About "an old geezer" - you know the type, over 39 and actually some grey hair. (I passed that point some time ago) who walked into a photo / computer store (if there's a difference anymore) and wanted a printer that would match a Cibachrome quality print.

Well two things happened. First of course the clerk didin't understand what Cibachrome was, and secondly he went into automatic mode of spewing forth techno-geek babble sales pitch of the latest and greatest printer they have in stock.

the "geezer" lets him blather on and when he's done, simply asks "yes, but does it have LRF support?"

Of course the young techno geek is deeply embarrased that the old geezer knows some techo term that he hasn't heard of before, so he asks for help, and before long they are all the way up the the manager, who after a frantic web search cannot find any reference ot LRF, so embarrassed they finally ask the old geezer what is "LRF".

He says "you know, on the underside of the printer, does it support the Little Rubber Feet properly?"

eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Roflmao!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Steve Gombosi

They did, however, have a lovely selection of iPod cases.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sog1927 View Post
    You know you're living in degenerate times when your local camera store doesn't *carry* cable releases anymore.

Steve
    What's a local camera store?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.