Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiber paper print washing question

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Re: Fiber paper print washing question

The cascade is really nice. I got mine on ebay several years ago for not too much. Before that I used a tray siphon and a lot of hand shuffling. Both are equally effective; the washer is a bit quicker and lets me be a lot lazier. And it uses radically less water than the siphon or any other washer I've used.

I like my versalab. The slots are flexible so so can also reach in and grab 4x5s and 5x7s. That might very hard with rigid slots.

I had some issues because the water pressure in my building would fluctuate and i would have to constantly adjust to get the right flow.

I solved the problem with this part from McMaster-Carr

4762K41
    Pressure-Compensating Flow Control Orifice Nickel-Plated Brass, 3/8" NPT Female

It keeps the flow constant over a wide range of pressure, so i just hook it up to full pressure. I got the 0.5 gpm version

Quote Originally Posted by paulr View Post
    The cascade is really nice. I got mine on ebay several years ago for not too much. Before that I used a tray siphon and a lot of hand shuffling. Both are equally effective; the washer is a bit quicker and lets me be a lot lazier. And it uses radically less water than the siphon or any other washer I've used.
    I just picked up a tray siphon from eBay, and that's the first thing I noticed: it takes a lot of water to get it functioning. I was hoping that it would be a cheaper solution. Oh well. I looked on the Summitek site, and they said that the Casdace can use as little as a cup of water per minute. I suspect that's a bit low for real life applications, but it seems to use the least of any I've checked out. Even the Cachet Eco-wash uses more.

For flow control, I have a simple faucet airator with a shut-off. I set it to the rate I want and leave it. I do, however, want to get some sort of water temperature control, like an Hass Intelifaucet, so I'll have to find another way.

Thanks!
    --Gary