Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canham Whole Plate Camera

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

Canham Whole Plate Camera

Keith Canham Cameras now offers a Whole Plate wood camera based on the very popular 5x7 wood camera.
    This would be a special order product.
    -Rob Skeoch
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com

Re: Canham Whole Plate Camera

Rob,

Do you have a price for just the rear standard, bellows, and GG back to adapt my 5x7 to WP?

This is the reason I was waiting for the Fotoman whole plate holders. I wanted to see about getting the same thing Jason mentioned to be able to switch out my 5x12 back with whole plate, but Keith asked me at the View Camera Conference if I had any whole plate holders so he could build the back around them. At the moment, I only have two well-used Kodak holders and several bookform holders. AWB is working on a different size of holder at the moment and won't be doing whole plate size for a while.

The format changing set (rear standard, bellows and GG back) will run about $2100 and would allow current owners of 4X5, 5X7, 4X10 or 5X12 wood fields to add the additional format without the cost of a bed and front standard. The complete camera will be about $3450

QCC, are you Quality Camera? In any case, that it is excellent news. I will most likely order one sometime in the spring.

jason

Quote Originally Posted by QCC View Post
    The format changing set (rear standard, bellows and GG back) will run about $2100 and would allow current owners of 4X5, 5X7, 4X10 or 5X12 wood fields to add the additional format without the cost of a bed and front standard. The complete camera will be about $3450

Wow. Another camera manufacturer on board.

And still us Europeans are the last to see our own version

The Canham project-hybrid sounds great. Does this mean the 1 year special order waiting time is waived?

If I can buy holders and film for Whole Plate, I would love to be able to switch my Canham 4x10 to Whole Plate.

Scott

www.scottsquires.com

Why the 'If?' Scott?

Fotoman say they'll be ready by the end of September 2007.

You're lucky to have that option. Canham are such a thoughtful manufacturer!

It's a shame they were never imported to England with demo facilities, otherwise their market share here would've been greater.

OK, I will say when and it sounds like pretty soon!

Scott

www.scottsquires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    You're lucky to have that option. Canham are such a thoughtful manufacturer!

It's a shame they were never imported to England with demo facilities, otherwise their market share here would've been greater.
    Robert White is a Canham dealer. They've had them listed on their web site for years. They may not have all models in stock, but I'd be surprised if they didn't regularly have some of the more popular Canham models on hand for customers to view and possibly fondle.

Kerry