Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: new paltz-kingston get together

Re: new paltz-kingston get together

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ciccone View Post
    "the one is with al's smutz lens."

Eddie - I really like the portrait, can you tell me anything about the lens you used? Thanks.

Don
    don,
    i was using alan's bausch and lomb projection kens. it gives a good "smutz" look. i iwll work on gettingthe correct subject/background distance to really see the "smutz"

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

found one more from thandar
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Do I see a Chamonix ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidbram View Post
    Do I see a Chamonix ?
    You did! That was Alex with his super cool Chamonix. Ridiculously light and WAY compact. He doesn't have that smile on his face for nuthin'.

What was particularly funny was Eddie's sales pitch to his wife. Wish I had a shot of that one.

--A

Quote Originally Posted by alec4444 View Post

What was particularly funny was Eddie's sales pitch to his wife. Wish I had a shot of that one.

--A
    i think it worked. thanks alex! you all will see an 8x10 going up for sale to pay for it......

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Had a great time. Glad to meet everyone.

Thanks Eddie for arranging it.

Alec, sorry about the 8x20 but I didn't know where you were when I set up. Next time.

Michael, after 25 years in the area Kingston still befuddles me.

Hope we can meet up again before the weather turns too nasty.

Best,

Paul

I was thinking of making all you guys spend your money on a motel and having a tour through the Green Mountains, up through the Notch and down through Stowe when the leaves start changing. You won't have any problem keeping up with my wife. And I'll drive the bright yellow Nissan so nobody can lose us.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Guys, I had a blast on Sat. Met a great group of guys and gals, enjoyed every second of it. Thank you Eddie for organizing this outing. Of course I have to thank Arthur and Alec kept me awake behind the wheel.

It was a lot fun playing around with Alec's 11X14, especially when you can't reach the darn front stand while tilting! Eddie developed films before we got home and sounds like he is going to get a camera that can hold a 11X14 negative. I did mine yesterday, I like what I saw, the detail is just amazing! Compare with my 4X5 negative side by side, I see the reason why people want to go big, but I won't get raid of my Chamonix 4X5, It's just such a joy to use.

Hope we can do this some time soon. The image will come later.

Again, it was nice to meet everyone of you.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    i think it worked. thanks alex! you all will see an 8x10 going up for sale to pay for it......
    Eddie, you own me one, big time

Well, my turn to thank Eddie and everyone for a great day. Also my regrets to the Graves family, from the end of the phone conversation that I could hear, I thought Eddie had you <5 minutes from us in Kingston before you vanished into never-never-land!
    My own experience was bad news/good news. In anticipation of lots of images, I loaded up a bunch of old plastic Lisco holders, in addition to the newer Toyos that I use constantly. Bad news: looks like 5 out of 6 negatives from the old holders was light-flashed. (I may post scans later to verify, my logic says that plastic holders should be indestructible, so I don't know what went wrong.) The good news was that none of the ruined images really looked that good anyway, so other than being upset with myself, no great loss. The "Toyo" negs were all fine.
    Anyway, I've posted the two images I liked best, in High Falls I wandered off following a sign about old stone buttresses, and these were the result. As I discussed with Carol Graves, I'm a total beginner with scanning and Photoshop, the attachments are straight scans from the negatives, nothing done in Elements other than resize. No idea why the colors from two PMK negs look so different in the scans.