Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any preference between Fomapan 100 and Fomapan 200?

Re: Any preference between Fomapan 100 and Fomapan 200?

There is and interesting thread about Fomapan 200 over at APUG - especially post #39 from Roger Hicks regarding the film being T-grain. I've not used that film (yet), because here in the Czech Republic - the country of its production - it's not available in sheet form, only in rolls. And yes, it's speed is claimed by most to be around 100-125.

When using Fomapan 100, I rate it at 80, but have yet to do my precise testing.
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Jiri, Fomafoto in Norway are European distributors and carry various sheet film sizes, as do Fotoimpex in Berlin & Silverprint in London.

All three companies will ship worldwide, and most definitely to the Czech Republic.
    Last edited by IanG; 9-Aug-2007 at 03:04. Reason: Mistakenly said Sweden instead of Norway

Ian, that would be very funny (and expensive) for me to order from Norway - the film would have to be shipped from the Czech Republic to Norway and then back again. And the same with Fotoimpex and Silverprint. No way

If I decide I really need to try the 200 variant in sheets, I'll try contacting the factory by email/phone and arranging it this way. It may work; although as I have emailed them twice in the past and got no reply, it might turn the other way too... (I was asking about the availability of inch-sized Foma 100 here in CZ, as they offer only metric variants)
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").