I am just getting started in 4x5 and am trying to use Kodak TMAX 400 with the TMX RS developer. I am using a HP Daylight Developing Tank from Calumet. The documentation for using this film/developer combination is rather confusing. Nonetheless...I am taking the developer as sold by Kodak and making a 1 gallon solution. I am then making a 1:4 dilution for use as the working solution. I make up 32 oz and keep in a stoppered bottle. It is this solution that I use in the tank and this solution that I replenish (using the orignal 1 gallon stock as a source for the replenisher. I am processing for 8 min at 68 degrees with agitation very 30 seconds. I am running a film speed test, but don't have the results back yet. I have processed some negatives exposed at ASA400 and film them not be very dense, especially compared to my experience with 120 size TriX. I have talked with Kodak and have looked at their website, but this has not helped much.

1)Does it appear that I am using the developer properly? 2)Any advice on using the daylight tank? It seems much easier than open tray or open tanks. What do you use?